Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

3461 - 3480 of 3515 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Alabama 3 anyone? Good mix of dance, country and western, rock, soul, reggae well a bit of everything really all mixed up into one unique sound. I like it anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
All music but mainly 70's, 80's Rock Genre

Here are a few others I've been focused on recently:

Gary Numan - particularly his early Tubeway Army and own band music. Gary is still going strong.
Heilung - Their music is based on texts from artifacts of the Iron Age originated by the Northern European peoples of the Celtic and Viking Age.
The HU Band - Mongolian throat-singing rock band that use electrified historic instruments. Touring North America now (saw them in Toronto) for new album.

·
Registered
82 Posts
All music but mainly 70's, 80's Rock Genre

Here are a few others I've been focused on recently:

Gary Numan - particularly his early Tubeway Army and own band music. Gary is still going strong.
Heilung - Their music is based on texts from artifacts of the Iron Age originated by the Northern European peoples of the Celtic and Viking Age.
The HU Band - Mongolian throat-singing rock band that use electrified historic instruments. Touring North America now (saw them in Toronto) for new album.

Liking the Heilung ! Have you Heard Schelmish ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Liking the Heilung ! Have you Heard Schelmish ?

Wow, excellent. That makes me want to get up and go!
I've been exploring similar bands and a lot of "viking", gaelic, celtic music as well and that lead to Heilung.

I like all of Heilungs primal sound but for me Maria Franz really captures the essence and soul of what that era (0-500 ad) might have been like and pulls it all together.

This video highlights her contributions. The song at 11:47 is truly mesmerizing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've just discovered 2 Australian bands whose members are barely old enough to drive and they're kick-ass. Thanks Oz for picking up the torch of rock n' roll.
The Chats

Amyl and The Sniffers

3461 - 3480 of 3515 Posts