Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I'm considering a 2000 Legend and 2000 Adventurer on-line, and haven't had the opportunity to sit on either. Could someone describe the difference in the riding position on these, and any other riding diffferences I might need to know? I know the Adventurer has a longer rake. This will be my first Triumph...

Thanks much!

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
very similar, upright position, Legend seat height and distance to the pegs is lower (it was specifically targetted at people with a shorter inseam)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
very similar, upright position, Legend seat height and distance to the pegs is lower (it was specifically targetted at people with a shorter inseam)
Like me!

The bikes can be modified to different seat heights and riding positions to fit you.

Drop links, suspension mods, footpegs, different seats and handle bars can really make either one work for you.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I'm 5'11'' with a 30 inch inseam, and my 99 Legend left my hips feeling pretty cramped after a few miles. On the advice of someone on this forum (sorry, I can't remember just who, as I've gotten so much great info here), I installed a set of Kuryakyn flat pegs, and this combined with a Triumph King Queen seat opened things up enough to improve the comfort. Spending lots more time in the saddle also helped get those joints moving again. I also added risers to the stock handlebars, and this also increased my comfort. As Al said, modifications are possible, using either or both factory and aftermarket products, so buy the one that you think looks the best, if they are otherwise in equal condition and mileage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm 5'11" and you can see the Adventurer riding position from the attached picture. I installed forward pegs which I use from time to time. I like the fact that I can lean forward for a more aggressive posture in turns or lean back. The normal riding position is very comfortable. My longest trip was a thousand miles with no physical discomfort except for the seat. I haven't sat on a Legend so I can't compare.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I'm 5'11" and you can see the Adventurer riding position from the attached picture. I installed forward pegs which I use from time to time. I like the fact that I can lean forward for a more aggressive posture in turns or lean back. The normal riding position is very comfortable. My longest trip was a thousand miles with no physical discomfort except for the seat. I haven't sat on a Legend so I can't compare.
My daughter and I did 1800 miles in 6 days on the Legend comfortably. The highway bars with footpegs were a plus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Difference

Both have single disk front and whilst good bit under powered, look for 2000 thunderbird pipes on both sides.

Best 2 up bike ever thou !!

Biggles

Hey folks,
I'm considering a 2000 Legend and 2000 Adventurer on-line, and haven't had the opportunity to sit on either. Could someone describe the difference in the riding position on these, and any other riding diffferences I might need to know? I know the Adventurer has a longer rake. This will be my first Triumph...

Thanks much!

·
Registered
28 Posts
RE: riding position

Hey folks,

Thanks much!
I am 6'3" and have a 2000 Legend. My bike has forward highway pegs bolted into the front of the engine housing just below the radiator. They allow me to srtretch out a bit when not shifting gears much. I also have the King/Queen seat which sits a bit higher and is much softer on the a$$. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts