Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned and rode a couple of bikes when I was in College in Scotland thirty years ago. Forgettable Honda's provided reliable and cheap transportation, although I will never forget the cold. Fast forward thirty years, went to grad school in Florida, a successful career, a house,, wife, a couple of kids later and no-one to tell me no anymore, I bought a Kawasaki KLX250SF. A terrific little bike (I highly recommend), but 24hp is 24hp and it would run out of steam quite quickly. I thought about looking for a restored 60's or 70's Triumph, Norton or BSA (the bikes I coveted as a youth) but after riding a few modern bikes realised how far technology has come.

So, after a couple of months on SearchTempest, the perfect 2010 Street Triple R appeared. Lightly used, professionally maintained with most of the appropriate mods already done. With youthful recklessness in the distance past, I ride it to work a couple of times a week and ride the backroads on weekends.

My god, it is fun.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Welcome to the forum and back to motorcycling. Lots of great folks here. My story is very similar to yours. I rode "back in the day" before wife, kids etc. We couldn't keep my son away from bikes, so I had to join him.... it would have been irresponsible parenting to let him ride alone.... right??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Owned and rode a couple of bikes when I was in College in Scotland thirty years ago. Forgettable Honda's provided reliable and cheap transportation, although I will never forget the cold. Fast forward thirty years, went to grad school in Florida, a successful career, a house,, wife, a couple of kids later and no-one to tell me no anymore, I bought a Kawasaki KLX250SF. A terrific little bike (I highly recommend), but 24hp is 24hp and it would run out of steam quite quickly. I thought about looking for a restored 60's or 70's Triumph, Norton or BSA (the bikes I coveted as a youth) but after riding a few modern bikes realised how far technology has come.

So, after a couple of months on SearchTempest, the perfect 2010 Street Triple R appeared. Lightly used, professionally maintained with most of the appropriate mods already done. With youthful recklessness in the distance past, I ride it to work a couple of times a week and ride the backroads on weekends.

My god, it is fun.
Excellent choice, these bikes are super fun! Welcome back :D

·
Administrator
19,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

You are in good company here. We have many members who have returned to motorcycling after many years away or who are even just now starting up motorcycling at a more mature stage in life.

The Street Triple is a great choice! Please visit the Street Triple forum for information, opinions, and conversations about your new Triumph. Introduce yourself there, post photos of your Street Triple, and join the conversation!

http://www.triumphrat.net/street-triple-forum/

Make yourself at home, browse the site, and join the banter.

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts