Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been busy moving so it's been a while since I've posted anything. I just moved to Albuquerque, NM to take my dream job.

Anyone have any advice, stories, gotchas? I know it's a little late to be asking after the fact but any intel is better than none.

Thanks Guys!

-Keith

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not really too much to watch out for around here, except drivers. People DO NOT look for motorcycles in NM, so you always have to be on the defense.

Glad to see another sprint rider in Albuquerque. So far I have only seen 2 other sprints. Hey and you even have the faster Black color! :)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dave! So far, it's been great being "back in the saddle."

I've noticed that the drivers here like to jump in and ride your back tire. Nothing that a judicious application of throttle can't fix. That being said, I've never seen so much blue smoke from people locking up their brakes on the highways. I'm trying to find ways to stay off the highways and maybe take the Sprint out of town for some rides.

How is the local dealer here?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey look -- another Sprint in town.

I like PJ's -- been generally impressed with them, certainly over the other dealerships here in town.

You should also head up to Coffee At Dawn on N14 Sunday morning. Lots of bikes up there in general, good people and good coffee.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Welcome to NM. Are you at Kirtland? (I see Combat SAR.)

The only local dealer is PJ's. Excellent, especially the service dept. The more you talk to them, the more they'll work with you. Pretty good about giving advice for DIY, too. LOTS of good riding around Northern NM. Will keep you busy for a while. Mind you, we've already had some slush and icy patches on the roads up this way.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, Kirtland. I took a job with Lockheed Martin teaching CSAR basics to the new guys. I've been out to PJs to order some fasteners for the fairing. I'm really looking forward to getting settled in and riding out of town. :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
PJ's is great. They replaced my whole instrument cluster under warranty due to a deformed speedo needle. It took over 2 months for them to get Triumph to approve it, but I didn't have to bug them at all about it. I was fully expecting to get blown off.

PJ's does some rides through the year, although not much in the winter. Check out the calendar on their site: http://www.pjsmotorcycles.com/event_calendar.asp

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome... I luv it when I see other sprints out on the road.

You are going to love the riding here. There are loads of roads to ride up north from abq, one of my favs is:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Santa+Fe,+NM&daddr=NM-518+to:Angel+Fire,+New+Mexico+to:Santa+Fe,+NM&hl=en&geocode=;FdaNJgIdpLq2-Q;;&mra=ls&via=1&sll=36.05561,-105.67707&sspn=0.988085,1.722107&ie=UTF8&ll=36.055761,-105.650024&spn=0.988085,1.722107&z=9

Up to Durango and back is a nice day ride.... Other then the cold it is still nice out for some long rides.

Pj's is a great dealership. They always done good by me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts