Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Don't know if this is what you call new...
I've been eye balling this web site for 8 month's...
Click motorcycles in the tool bar, drool, then get out your check book!
http://www.sportrx.com/
A must for us myopic visually challenged spectacle searchers for the right "look."

·
Registered
229 Posts
prescription goggles

Davida do some goggles with inserts for prescription lenses. i have bought a pair which i just need to get the lenses made. I''l post when they are done.

Clive

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Glasses

If you wear a helmet as I do, tried a thing called a vista shield. Its a sm visor w/ a eye/ nose shield attached. Lets the wind in your face & protects eyes & nose. Looks cool too! Some one said it looks like Darth Vador? The best thing IS your prescription glasses will fit nicely unger it. Was like $14 & has replacable lenses in 3-4 colors. All I have used in astr 4 yrs! @ $`14- you cant lose . I think you will love it!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
If price is an issue you can always get the Emgo Over Glasses goggles . Price on them is like 30$ plus shipping . If you want the goods if I were you I'd go for Nanninis or Aviator . If they don't jive you can check out Wiley-X . They make ballistic plastic perscription lenses and are very well made .

·
Registered
264 Posts
JJimmy GGoggles.....

Hey JJ,
After wearing Goggles, I can NOT go back to wearing just sunglasses.
The wind is just too much and vision suffers. Must be the same for eyeglass wearers. If you must wear eyeglasses then get a pair Goggles that go over your glasses.
http://www.british-classics.com/Over Glasses Goggles.html
I've had both the reasonably priced Airfoils and the more expensive Aviators. I also have a pair of the old fashioned and clunky Halcyon goggles too. They only go over a smaller pair of sunglasses (or eyeglasses) though.
I swear by the Aviators. They have replaceable lenses. The Airfoils tend to scratch badly and you can't replace the lens on em.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I wear nothing but Wiley-X prescription riding glasses.
They are far superior to anything else on the market I have found.
The military even issues them to our troops!

Many styles are available.
I wear these most of the time.
These have removable foam eye filters and the straps are also quickly removable as well. Yes, their wrap around lenses are available in prescriptions and bifocals too.
Transitional (light sensitive) lenses are also available so 1 pair can serve all light conditions. They're what I wear.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I wear contact lenses and started wearing Wiley-Xs with the shield of my full face helmet open.
Then I found a pair of Victory-branded glasses, almost identical to the Wileys, at half the price, around $30. They came with clear, smoke and yellow lenses. I don't leave home without them.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I bought a pair of RayBan and put on polarizesd prescription lenses (my insurance covers the bulk of the cost :))... I use them both when riding my bike and my car...

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
prescription googles

Has anyone tried the Aviator prescription[with inserts]? Concerned with the fit of the inserts.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Texas Cat,
I did the exact same thing. I needed to replace my regular glasses so I bought Rayban regular glasses then got the pair of Rayban prescription sunglasses for free.

The thing to remember about any driving glasses is that they should have some wrap to them to keep sunlight from leaking in and reflecting off the back of the sunglasses and for motorcycling to keep the wind on the eyes down.

I bought a pair of Rayban RB3342 Warriors with polarized lenses. They work fantastic with arms that don't stick out from the side of your head so my helmet doesn't pinch them. Plus they are classic like my bike. :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Calliway - I've been wearing aviator style glasses for over 35 years (but not for riding on motorcycles, I wear Wiley-X for that). I started while in the Navy. I always wore Ray Bans until I discovered what I have found to be a much more durable product from Randolph Engineering. Ray Ban's would last about a year and break up by the temple. My Randolph Engineering glasses have never broken. I don't replace them until my lenses get too scratched or my prescription changes. They look the same but the frames are made much stronger.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sunglaase

Yes Xcop,
Randolf Engineering makes glasses and sun glasses for the military. When I had good eyes, my flight sunglasses - issued Navy, were made by Randolf

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yes Xcop,
Randolf Engineering makes glasses and sun glasses for the military. When I had good eyes, my flight sunglasses - issued Navy, were made by Randolf
I'm Xchoppers, not X Cop :D
I order Randolph Engineering sun glasses and have my prescription lenses installed in them. The frames are prescription grade. Ends up costing much less than Ray Bans and they are better quality. ;)

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aviator goggles

Just picked up my aviator goggles/with progressive prescription lenses. Wear them with a Davida classic. Just what I wanted. I also picked up a pair of Liberty Sport prescription sunglasses. They block the side light and wind on the eyes.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Check out Panoptyx web site.....now called 7 eye. Great riding glasses and some great deals on close-outs. They can even accomodate prescription lenses. A great product that bridges the goggles/glasses debate. I also use goggles, but when it's hot out, you can't beat these. Very similar to Wiley X products.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts