Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
341 - 356 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
... The people telling you its because we killed the economy, are trying to cover their asses... They know that if they admit that they tanked a hundred million people's retirements and put 30 million of out work and took on trillions of debt, that their careers are toast...

There is damage control going on, please don't pretend otherwise...
"Why are you ringing that bell"
"To keep the tigers away"
"There are no tigers here"
"See!"

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Squire, I think that it's time to let it go. Even as a (recently retired) hospital health care professional, I am losing sight of whatever point you're trying to make, and we're all shooting at a moving target right now. I have confidence that our health-care professionals are doing the best they can, in spite of the profound lack of effective leadership at the national level (in the US).

The up-coding of illness intensity to increase reimbursements has been an ongoing issue for Medicare and private insurance for many years.
Fair enough. For the record, I think that healthcare workers are heroes and doing the right things... It's some of the politicians and Hospital Admins that I question, but that's a different conversation...

In a nutshell, the information is constantly changing, and most of it, is frankly for the better. Our response and approach to this, needs to change with that new data, and that includes the economy and opening things up.

We can't undo killing our economy. We overreacted, that much is clear. The best thing we can do knowing what we know now, is to keep taking precautions and slowly opening the economy back up.

·
Registered
829 Posts
As things stand because we are all just average Joe's the only thing we can do is go along with the rules whether we like it or not, society has been the same way for hell of a long time before this pandemic started. So unless you work for or have contacts with the unmentionables in the unmentionable house in unmentionable DC you just have to deal with it sadly enough.

·
Registered
76 Posts
As things stand because we are all just average Joe's the only thing we can do is go along with the rules whether we like it or not, society has been the same way for hell of a long time before this pandemic started. So unless you work for or have contacts with the unmentionables in the unmentionable house in unmentionable DC you just have to deal with it sadly enough.
That's not the American way though, the American way is to just ignore the laws you don't feel like following and then get angry when the cops talk to you about it.

Just for the sake of adding to the negative discussion, I went to the shop to work on the exhaust for a coworker's dirt bike and ended the day with a trip to the emergency room to get my left elbow sewn back together. He suggested I ride it to see if the carburetor was working properly, and it pitched me off after discovering the front brake didn't exactly work. I'm OK but for the elbow as it was a very low speed deal where I was trying to turn around in the street. I pulled the front brake and basically nothing happened, I gave it what I thought was a tiny bit of rear brake and the rear started to slide on the damp pavement, and then I hit the ground with what didn't feel like any in between at all. Rear started sliding to the right and I hit the ground with my left side with nothing in between. Bike stopped on it's right side, still running in gear with no evidence of the left side touching down.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
We are 'Muricans... questioning and challenging authority is in our DNA. :)

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
That's not the American way though, the American way is to just ignore the laws you don't feel like following and then get angry when the cops talk to you about it.

Just for the sake of adding to the negative discussion, I went to the shop to work on the exhaust for a coworker's dirt bike and ended the day with a trip to the emergency room to get my left elbow sewn back together. He suggested I ride it to see if the carburetor was working properly, and it pitched me off after discovering the front brake didn't exactly work. I'm OK but for the elbow as it was a very low speed deal where I was trying to turn around in the street. I pulled the front brake and basically nothing happened, I gave it what I thought was a tiny bit of rear brake and the rear started to slide on the damp pavement, and then I hit the ground with what didn't feel like any in between at all. Rear started sliding to the right and I hit the ground with my left side with nothing in between. Bike stopped on it's right side, still running in gear with no evidence of the left side touching down.
Dang! See, you try to help someone out and the universe spanks you... haha

·
Registered
76 Posts
For years I've said the worst thing you can do is a favor for someone you know because they're the harshest critics. Eventually I will learn the second part of that and quit doing things for them.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
For years I've said the worst thing you can do is a favor for someone you know because they're the harshest critics. Eventually I will learn the second part of that and quit doing things for them.
My buddy and I were riding on Saturday and went through a section of twisties with new homes being built... We were enjoying each other's bikes, and then we handed them back to each other, only discover that both of us had a damned drywall screw in the other's rear tire... How's that for dumb luck? LOL

·
Registered
829 Posts
As Sonny Curtis of the Crickets wrote back in '58 'I fought the law and the law won'.
Years ago I used to stand up for my rights a bit more but these days I would rather stick my head in the ground and my arse up in the air and take it like a bitch, I've just got to damn old to damn early but I do see were you are coming from though Nash (y)

·
Registered
76 Posts
My buddy and I were riding on Saturday and went through a section of twisties with new homes being built... We were enjoying each other's bikes, and then we handed them back to each other, only discover that both of us had a damned drywall screw in the other's rear tire... How's that for dumb luck? LOL
Ha, my Speed Triple has been sitting in the garage on a flat tire for a week and a bit with a screw in it, and the reason I didn't have any gear with me Saturday was that I had to take my truck to the shop to patch a tire on it that picked up a screw.

·
Registered
437 Posts
We lads are a feisty bunch... we don't like being told what to do... It's why we asked King Georgie to sod off....
Yes Squire, its was mainly about taxation after a war with the native indians and the French. Your ancestors said "no taxation without representation" The rest is history as they say, mind you it was Boston traders who were fed up with the British East India Company not paying their duty on the tea imports, whereas everyone else had too. Seem to remember that they dressed up as Indians and had a "Tea Party" ??? Poor King George went quite mad afterwards.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Yes Squire, its was mainly about taxation after a war with the native indians and the French. Your ancestors said "no taxation without representation" The rest is history as they say, mind you it was Boston traders who were fed up with the British East India Company not paying their duty on the tea imports, whereas everyone else had too. Seem to remember that they dressed up as Indians and had a "Tea Party" ??? Poor King George went quite mad afterwards.
Yeah, it was a bit before my time... haha

I just know that people who love in cities, tend to be open to government control. The type of person that finds living crammed on top of each other, would probably love king George making their decisions for them. Those are... let’s call them blue islands.

hose islands sit in a vast sea of... let’s say red people, who don’t want to be told what to do and would tell king George to piss off and if he didn’t, probably take up arms and force the issue.

the exception to the rule is that a lot of the red people do like being controlled by a magic sky wizard that nobody has ever met...

still trying to work that one out. It’s a mystery to me...

341 - 356 of 356 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.