Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by Ridge Motorsports in Batesburg, SC this morning. Jeff, the owner, was very gracious and took a great deal of time with me even though I wasn't buying anything. I was just out for a ride and stopped by. I may be getting my 12,000 mile service there. He estimated around $400 for the job, which is nearly half what everyone else has quoted me. If you get the chance I think that stopping in there is a good idea.

·
Registered
12 Posts
great dealer

+ 1 on Ridge Motorsports! Jeff and crew are real riders with experience on all the bikes and just plain good honest folks. I was looking for a place to take my bike when I was transfered to SC and they were highly recommended. Then I bought another bike and took it their too. It is a great shop with people who just stop in treated like family.

I am not affiliated with the shop

·
Registered
901 Posts
I stopped by Ridge Motorsports in Batesburg, SC this morning. Jeff, the owner, was very gracious and took a great deal of time with me even though I wasn't buying anything. I was just out for a ride and stopped by. I may be getting my 12,000 mile service there. He estimated around $400 for the job, which is nearly half what everyone else has quoted me. If you get the chance I think that stopping in there is a good idea.
I have been singing the praises of Ridge MotorSports and Jeff, Byron and Eric for years now... GREAT service at a fair price.

They are one of the top rated Triumph dealers in the Southeast, even though they in a small out of the way rural town...

And as you can see from my location... they aren't the closest dealer to me... Need I say more??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bringing back this thread just to reinforce what a great dealer Ridge Motorsports is. Jeff was easy to talk to and willing to help with any questions I had about services. I recommend them to just about anyone looking for anything (service, parts, or a new bike). Not the closest dealer to me but they are the best.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Is Batesburg the only Triumph dealer in South Carolina? It is about 200 miles from my hometown in Myrtle Beach.
Well, there is Touring Sports in Greenville, SC... but I think that Batesburg is closer to you...

Not sure if it's closer to you but Ray Price in Raleigh NC gets good marks too from what I've heard.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Honest and Competent People

I gotta put in a plug for Jeff and his crew by seniority: Byron, Eric, Wendy and Mike. Purchased my current bikes from them and they serviced all three Hinckley Triumphs I've owned. Located on SC23 / W. Church St. (Old US 1), not far from I-20. Ring or email them ahead of time to let'em know what you're looking for. I'm a 16 year customer and quite happy to drive 120 each way from my home across the state line.

Joe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Well, there is Touring Sports in Greenville, SC... but I think that Batesburg is closer to you...

Not sure if it's closer to you but Ray Price in Raleigh NC gets good marks too from what I've heard.
I see your location. There used to be a dealer in Augusta - are they still there? I attended an 'Open House' with the Triumph truck present many years back - seemed like a good crew.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I see your location. There used to be a dealer in Augusta - are they still there? I attended an 'Open House' with the Triumph truck present many years back - seemed like a good crew.
Believe he closed up shop over a year ago. One man shop with one part-time tech. Dropped Ducati first IIRC. Apparently there was little interest in Augusta outside of HD and some Japanese. Essentially a cruiser market and not a lot of that from what I could see on my visits.

Son uses Batesburg for the Thruxton R and is satisfied with the service from the staff. He and I are particular as we both have roots in the "biz" and know the genuine article when we see it. They appear to have a healthy trade from retirees living around the big lake not that far.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Believe he closed up shop over a year ago. One man shop with one part-time tech. Dropped Ducati first IIRC. Apparently there was little interest in Augusta outside of HD and some Japanese. Essentially a cruiser market and not a lot of that from what I could see on my visits.

Son uses Batesburg for the Thruxton R and is satisfied with the service from the staff. He and I are particular as we both have roots in the "biz" and know the genuine article when we see it. They appear to have a healthy trade from retirees living around the big lake not that far.
Thanks for this. Jeff has long time clientele coming down from the Charlotte market also. My inlaws/outlaws live in the Batesburg-Leesville region along with my daughter and her 'menagerie' - always a good excuse to make the trip!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I started using Ridge Motorsports after Augusta Triumph closed up shop back in 2017. Tom was the owner in Augusta and there was quite a mix of reasons he decided to close up shop. He highly recommended Ridge Motorsports and I am glad he did.

The 45 minute back roads ride is well worth the visit to Jeff, Mike, and Wendy. The group really knows their stuff and their bikes and merchandise are very well priced. I would recommend them to anyone interested.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Hoping to take my bikes out of hibernation by the end of the month as either haven't been ridden since November. My '08 Sprint is due for its first major service as it's been going reliably for over 10 years now. I have a mobile detailer who will come by and clean them up - they look new afterwards! Just traded my '06 Ranger Supercab for a '19 Ranger Lariat Crewcab. If I click on the images they rotate upright. Have this issue with other websites also.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts