Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the better U.S. mags just came out in the latest issue with a comparison of these three bikes: Kaw zed1000, Yam FZ1, and the Triumph Speed Triple. This article by Greg Drevenstedt is well written, and the photos by Kevin Wing are up to their usual quality. A good read for sure. Just to spoil the suspense- yup, they liked the S3 best for it's "Combination of comfort, character, styling, power, handling, braking and fuel efficiency." But we all already knew that, right?

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Obviously they only have 3 riders!! :)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I will have to get a copy, looks like a great read.
The last year or so it seems the Speed Triple has been ignored by the magazines even though it was voted best in class in 06 and 07.
Strange, one year it is voted best, and the following year its not even mention it or included in the nakid shoot outs.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Strange, one year it is voted best, and the following year its not even mention it or included in the nakid shoot outs.
Yeah, that's always bothered me too! Maybe Triumph doesn't "play ball" enough with the US magazine publishers. (e.g. spend enough money in advertising)

·
Registered
379 Posts
See I really like the FZ1. I bought the Speedy for a reason, but the FZ1 and Z1000 have plenty of character and are often over looked for something else.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I will have to get a copy, looks like a great read.
The last year or so it seems the Speed Triple has been ignored by the magazines even though it was voted best in class in 06 and 07.

One excuse I've read is that sometimes when they've recently tested or reviewed a bike they won't include in a comparo of similar bikes that occurs a few months later. I'm not sure I get the logic is in that approach. I think most readers would prefer to see the "previously tested" bike(s) included so the full range of like competitors are compared by the same riders and same conditions.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
RIDER magazine?? Yuk-

Screw the Magazines-they are fun to read sometimes but that is all-there are NO unbiased reports in these rags. Triumph does make the best street capable bikes IMHO.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I read quite a few different magazines and they all seem to follow the same opinions. I read the Rider article and it gave the winner to our Speed Triple. I thought that the opinion was well reasoned.

Now, I have found that Motorcycle Consumer News to be an unbiased magazine. They don't take advertisements and say it like they see it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts