Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my sweet little hometown, Gadsden, Alabama, a turn of the century industrial town built on the Coosa River, a little tradition and history were recognized this weekend. Seems the Deviants MC of Sand Mountain (which is an area that spans cities of Boaz, Albertville, Guntersville and Arab and surrounding communities in the Northeast area of the state), who were inspired by previous city businessmen that were also motorcycle enthusiasts, made the news with their commorative charity ride.

Apparently these one percenters (from what I've read) are making strides to tidy up their reputation. That's always good news!

Here are some pics and a link to the article. I thought y'all would get a kick out it.

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20120927/NEWS/120929823?p=1&tc=pg

Check out the suits and hats. Weren't they the shizzle??

I see some nice bikes here!

I dig the old pictures of bikes. There's a whole romance of another place, another time. One can't help but wonder what it must've been like.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
So true mrsirish. When I lived in Pasadena 20 + years ago and was riding an R75 (very sweet bike) an old guy, say 80+ years of age would stop by and chat with me. He had lived in Pasadena all his life. He showed me two pictures he kept in his wallet. He had bought the 1st Ariel Square Four and the last Ariel Square Four in California. Very cool pictures.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So true mrsirish. When I lived in Pasadena 20 + years ago and was riding an R75 (very sweet bike) an old guy, say 80+ years of age would stop by and chat with me. He had lived in Pasadena all his life. He showed me two pictures he kept in his wallet. He had bought the 1st Ariel Square Four and the last Ariel Square Four in California. Very cool pictures.
What a great story Kirkus! Thank you for sharing. I can't remember what I had for lunch today, let alone something cool 20+ years ago! That man sounds like a real character. Lucky you for the experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts