Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyones interested, a couple of us are planning a short ride between Xmas and N.Y eve.

Its a 3 State Ride

The G.O. is as follows;
4 days
4,000 klms
4 FUN

Roos, snakes, eagles, wombats, emu's, lizards, road trains, sunsets, sunrires, the coast, the Bight; this ride would make "Crocodile Dandee " want to join it.

Leave 27th @7am from Pakenham to Mildura, Broken Hill, Peterbough, Whyalla, across the fairy to Port Pirrie, Adeliade, Mt Gambier, GOR, Geelong and home 31st Dec just in time for N.Y Eve.

The ride will be the first time most of us have ridden the Outback (or close too) so we should have 2 days of twisties (when we do the coast) and 2 days of riding the plains, both of which should provide interesting riding.

Accommodation is pure "PUB" style - cold beer, hot food, warm bed

Let me know if you want to come

Cheers
Poddy

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Poddy would be good to catch up sometime, but that's a little too far from me. It's 1150k just to get to Broken Hill....

If you do some Vic High Country rides sometime, we might be able to get a Sydney contingent down to meet up for a day or 2 of the ride.

Sounds fun though, so have a good ride - break in that FJR eh :D

Russ

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Russ,
every year will do an Australia Day weekend ride; last year about 6 guys came with us from here - good weekend had by all.

This year (I mean next) we have yet to decide on the route but thinking back way to Kozzie, if so you HAVE to meet up with us as its only a morning ride from you place.

Cheers
Poddy

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heat is easy to ride in.... NOT!

But I will be wearing A) Cool Vest B) Mesh Jacket and drinking 600mils of water on every stop

DaveM, totally agree with 4:30am start except "Skippy Da Bush Kangarooa" will be wanting to play "Hop in front of Da bike" with his mates.

This is one of those "You have to do it" rides; why I have to do it I don't know but I have to do it.

Cheers
Poddy

·
Registered
764 Posts
This is one of those "You have to do it" rides; why I have to do it I don't know but I have to do it.
This is one ride you won't forget in hurry. It is unlikely you'll be crazy enough to attempt this again after this ride when you reflect on the hot weather, straight roads, sore butt, lack of sightseeing time, and fatigue. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.:eek:

One of the camelbak thingys would be a good investment so you can top up on the move. Plenty of gatorade type stuff is also good.;)

Also recommend drowning your t shirt and mesh jacket at each stop if it is really hot. This works like a Coolgardie safe for about 3/4 hour.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts