Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about my Legend's ride.

I would like it to be a bit higher. I understand that many people like to lower thier bikes. Is the lower linkage the only difference in dimensions? I plan on getting a Hagon (I like to mess around in the twistys, but when fully loaded with wife and gear, I tend to bottom out easy, and she complains of the bumps) and would like to experiment with ride height befor I do. If this works, could I venture to suggest that an owner with a T-Bird who wants to lower and me with a legend to raise, could we swap?

My plan is raise rear, Hagon rear, new front springs, change fork oil in front.

I am not interested in a total and costly re-engineering (the Hagon being the only higher cost item for the sake of wifey comfort) but to tighten up the responses.

Let me know what you guys think, I'm new to motorcycle tuning.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Your dealer can sell you a set of "dog bones" that are made for the t'bird and these can be substituted for the ones on your Legend. I did this on my Legend and raised the bike approx 1 to 1 1/2 inches. Easier on my legs and they are not long. I have a 29 1/2 inseam and the bike fits much better. Also goes through the corners without dragging the center stand as much.
Flybiker :razz:

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Using the TBird links might raise the back of the bike too much because you can't raise the front any. At least when you go the other way you can drop the front to even things out. If you are going to buy a Hagon anyway just have them make it a little taller than the Legend one. That way you don't have to mess around with the links.

[ This message was edited by: TBSstunta on 2006-12-08 10:42 ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts