Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help!
I'm a short ass who fell in love with the 2006 speed triple, so I need some help lowering my bike.
Any suggestions? :hammer:

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Drop the forks through the triple clamps, buy a shorter/ride height adjustable rear shock, get the seat to your local upholstery shop and tell them to shave an inch off the seat padding.

Don't know what the shorter rear shock will do to the suspension linkage geometry, though.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I am a little short on one end also.
I bought a Corbin seat which lowers around 1 inch and is a little narrower, It helped a little.
I couldn't tell if it was actually a full inch lower.

You could also look into a Hagon rear shock made a couple inches lower and set for your weight, I think there is a thread on this by TrackerOldGuy.

Another option is, Shave your seat, It is not an easy project, Lots of sanding, But it is certainly the cheapest.

·
Registered
919 Posts
In China there is a popular surgical procedure where they break your legs, put you in traction and let the bones knit the gap. Do it a couple of times and you can "grow" an inch or two.

Personally, I find pointing my toes works. Touching the ground flat footed is highly over rated. Never could do it on my dirt bikes. Just pick your stopping places carefully!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Find a good older model, they fit better, I would not buy a new S3 for the fact I'd be tripoding all day long.

FYI MY corbin seat is wider and taller on my 97 S3 and I use the stock seat for my short (10 mile) daily comute and only put the corbin on for rides.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts