Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Some of you with longer memories will know that we here in Victoria, Australia suffered our worst ever bushfires some 8wks ago...

Within a few days of those tragic events unfolding, riders started to ask what could they do to contribute/help... As a result a group ride was suggested. They called it "Ride for the Hills".

The idea of the ride was to not only raise money ($20 per rider, 1$ per pillon) for the bushfire relief fund, but to also show our support for the people in the fire effected areas.

Well... today was the ride day and i gotta say IMO this was one of THE best attended motorcycling events ever to take place in Victoria.
I would only be guessing, but i think it would be a fair estimate to say we had 7000+ bikes turn up for the ride!

It was a privilige to have participated!!!

To the organisers a Huge Thank You for making it happen!!!

And to my fellow riders WELL DONE!!!

We helped raise around $200,000.00 for the fire relief effort.

Cheers, Graeme :D

PS:- Unfortunately the TV stations gave the event little more than 30secs of footage on the News....

PPS:- i will try & post pics ASAP!

·
Registered
325 Posts
And according to the channel 7 and 9 news there were 'several hundred' bikes involved..... maybe they should get reporters that can count..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Graeme, my wife and I were also on the ride on Sunday, it was an awesome feeling to be part of it, seeing all of the people lining the roads and waving etc really left a real lump in our throats.
The turn out of bikes was amazing I am not sure of your estimate of 7000+ bikes but there was a lot.
To raise over $200K was a fantastic effort!!!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm not quite sure of the 7000 number either, however, if you do the maths 7000 x $20 registration = $140000. Many also donated more than the minimum, so maybe it was my estimate that was out.... In any case it was an awesome turnout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts