Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an e-mail from Ricor. Their products are on sale at 25% off.

If you've been thinking about installing Ricor Intiminators in your front suspension, now is a good time, right?

I've had them for years, an excellent improvement, one of the best things I've done to the bike. I'm not receiving any incentives to post this message.

FYI, for the Bonneville range, you need 1 quart of fork oil, not the 2 quarts that Ricor suggests in the instructions, which are geared toward Harleys.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
137 Posts
The downside with intiminators is they work in compression only. There is zero for rebound. If you get Racetech emulators you control rebound with the viscosity of the fork fluid. I had a pair of intiminators on a Harley. They are ok. The other problem with them is that they do not work in an optimum way with a progressive spring. Neither will the Racetech emulators. Think of it this way, the valve only has a linear effective damping moment. If your spring has a linear damping moment you can get them to work together. If your spring is progressive and has a curved damping moment there is a smaller area of the damping action that can be tuned to work with the valve. So with either product you really need to get non progressive springs.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have had them in my Thruxton 2008 model front forks with the original springs and 5 weight oil since 2010. Never had a problem. I also have their shocks on the back of the bike..
Still delighted with the setup in 2020.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts