Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ricor Intiminator is a dampening valve for the front forks that, from all reports, is better than an emulator. If you're interested in improving your front suspension, you might want to do a little research on it.

The reason I bring it up is that Ricor just announced a 50% discount in the Scrambler thread of the beast forum on advrider. So if you have been considering this upgrade, this would be the time to take advantage of it. I just ordered a set for my Scram. They will fit in all the '01 and up Triumph damper rod forks.

Ricor page here: http://store.ricorshocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=44

Advrider announcement is post #4906 here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9883663#post9883663

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Not a bad offer, but they want $80 postage to Europe! ***! They could chuck 'em in a Jiffy bag, stick a stamp on and send them through normal post, and still get away with charging 10-15, but $80? No way I'd pay that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a bad offer, but they want $80 postage to Europe! ***! They could chuck 'em in a Jiffy bag, stick a stamp on and send them through normal post, and still get away with charging 10-15, but $80? No way I'd pay that.
I believe this question has come up before in regards to shipping to Australia and there was some kind of resolution. I don't remember the details, but if you are really interested, you might contact them and see if anything could be done.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Hi Dave,

Did just that and Brian said it was some glitch with the website. Shipping should be around $25 to Europe. Have duly ordered a pair and will let you all know what I think when I've installed them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Received my Intiminators (fork valves) on Friday and finally had time to install them today. The installation was very straightforward and no more involved than changing the fork oil with the exception that I cut the spacers off to keep the preload on the springs the same as it was before the Intiminators were installed, approximately .55". The first problem I had was that I had to go out and purchase a 22mm socket for the fork tube caps. For some reason, even with the considerable number of tools I own, I had no sockets between 18 and 23. At any rate, everything went smoothly from there until I reattached the speedo drive when I discovered that if you get a little too rambunctious with the screwdriver, it's possible to crack the plastic mount that the screw goes through. So now I suppose I'll order a new cable housing because it'll bug me to know this one is cracked. The whole job took maybe 2.5 hours including the trip to Sears for sockets to fill in the gap in my set.

A short ride over some of the bumpier sections around here revealed that they do indeed work as advertised. The forks are considerably more compliant and seem to follow the rough surfaces in corners quite a bit better than when stock. I like 'em.

Now I just need someone to come up with a 50% discount on some good upgraded shocks for the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts