Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
29,948 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh,

Well if you like that, then try the Balvenie portwood 21 year old. Liquid gold my man, and smooth as silk. :D

This shall be the dram slated for this very eve, whilst enjoying my latest comedic acquisition from overseas, "the armstrong and miller show" :thumbsup:

·
29,948 Posts
Well, after a splendid day - bit of wrenching on the bike in the dining room, bit of assembly of the lathe in the spare bedroom, went and met my local RAT pack for the first time (won the trivia quiz - excellent!), I am now comfortable, with a home brewed pale ale, and a hefty measure of said Balvenie portwood. And after this - perchance a Talisker 25 year old? mmmm yum.

Your health, sah! :beerchug:

·
29,948 Posts
+1 tba - yes indeed. But let us not be ignorant of speyside and highland - I am quite partial to a Dalmore, and a cask strength Macallan can be most acceptable, not to mention Tomintoul.

Hmmm - quick check - yep the suns over the yardarm (somewhere) fetch hither the bottle of wondrous spirits! <hic>

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, the thread is about Highlander. So discussions of Dalmore, and other excellent drams, are fully appropriate. Highland Park, Edradour, and Royal Lochnagar are also well worthy of mention. Mmmm.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Well, as long as we're talking Highlander, this was one of the stops in our anniversary trip to Scotland last month.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Back in the day Glenfiddich did it for me, though when I was stationed in Thurso, Scotland I had the pleasure of sampling many.

One thing bugged me tho... most of the pubs had a most delightful selection of dark, tasty rums. Beautiful stuff.

What did the local blokes like best? Bacardi Light... yuk!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
HiDesert, that's Eilean Donan castle, along the west coast of Scotland near the Isle of Skye. Yes, you can go inside, but the day we were there it was closed because of the high winds.
The first part of the movie used this castle as the setting for the village of Glenfinnan, where Connor McLeod was supposed to have been born. The set for the village was in the area now occupied by the visitor center and parking lot.
As an aside, Glenfinnan is south of Eilean Donan, at the head of Loch Shiel. That was another of our stops, but not because of the link to Highlander.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
You got it. The Glenfinnan monument, where Bonnie Prince Charlie raised his standard in 1745.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts