Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a Rickman Metisse, MK 3 frame and some other of the parts, bodywork from Rickman. This frame has a 2009 date, and along with the frame I've got a 1967 T120R engine that was recently rebuilt, and a TR6 single carb head that is newly refurbished. I'll soon be getting around to putting this together and appreciate any inmates with experience with this sort of thing to chime in. Thanks!

Wheel Tire Bicycle Crankset Bicycle tire

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In case any of you have experience with BSA Quick Detach rear hubs, the rear wheel for this bike has that as its hub. Unfortunately the axle that comes with the hub, has a stepped shoulder close to the end of the axle, and the axle will therefore not fully fit into the Rickman swing arm. I've gotten the advice that I'll likely need to have it turned down on a lathe as well as it may need to be shortened a bit. In case any of you inmates has experience with this specific issue I'd appreciate hearing. I also wonder if there is some off the shelf fix for this that someone might know about? Thanks for any comments!
Great machine, wish I had one!!
Yes, very cool, never thought I'd have one, now to make it right.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it has become apparent on my rear axle that it is not long enough. I assume it is a stock BSA 2 piece, QD hub. So the rear wheel dropouts on a BSA are narrow blades and the Rickman swingarm axle through holes are wider and tubular. That means there is somewhere, hopefully, a 2 piece axle that will fit this swingarm. I suppose getting in touch with Rickman or Wasp is the way to go. However if there is some other option that someone here knows about I surely be interested. The previous owner, when explaining the parts, assumed the old axle would work with a bit of machining. Thanks for any advice.
Sewing machine feet Sewing machine Sewing Wood Household appliance accessory

1 - 8 of 8 Posts