• Air box Baffle
  • stock replaced with a K & N filter
  • SAI air things
  • lambda sensors
  • disabled SAI in map
  • Disabled Lambda in map

blue 20500 map
red new one

Stock headers and Norman Hyde straight chrome silencers went to the local Triumph dealer (Cheltenham) and they said best map would be Tuneecu site 20500Map. £39.99 20 mins later runs ok from 4k up but in traffic it was terrible plus when hot will not start. Triumph said that was the only MAP they had and were happy to put it back as they found it.

Went on tinner net and found REPS in Caldicott Newport and had a run on the dyno. yep running v rich up to 3.25k. then just a little bit rich all the way to 7k.

in TuneECU is it just a case of editing the MAP to lean out between 1 and 3 k or am I simplifying it?

Second option dose anyone have a map that they have used on a similar build that they could recommend?

yours
fed up
Billy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do you have mechanical or LCD odometer? I'm trying the first tune under the LCD bonneville from here:

Bike starts GREAT, idles great and revs great. Sounds very strong. Winter showed up before I could go for a ride unfortunately. I tried a TTP tune for a few years but the bike would not start well at all, otherwise it ran OK. Tried finding a reason why the bike didn't like it, couldn't find anything and went with the tune mentioned above. I played with the TTP tune in TuneECU and could get the bike to start better by leaning it out. I'll try my modified versions eventually in the summer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2010 Bonneville SE EFI.
removed the following
  • Air box Snorkel
  • Air box Baffle
  • stock replaced with a K & N filter
  • SAI air things
  • lambda sensors
  • disabled SAI in map
  • Disabled Lambda in map
View attachment 717704
blue 20500 map
red new one

Stock headers and Norman Hyde straight chrome silencers went to the local Triumph dealer (Cheltenham) and they said best map would be Tuneecu site 20500Map. £39.99 20 mins later runs ok from 4k up but in traffic it was terrible plus when hot will not start. Triumph said that was the only MAP they had and were happy to put it back as they found it.

Went on tinner net and found REPS in Caldicott Newport and had a run on the dyno. yep running v rich up to 3.25k. then just a little bit rich all the way to 7k.

in TuneECU is it just a case of editing the MAP to lean out between 1 and 3 k or am I simplifying it?

Second option dose anyone have a map that they have used on a similar build that they could recommend?

yours
fed up
Billy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the map on the bike at the mo was downloaded 4 months ago 20500 are you saying this has changed?

·
Registered
46 Posts
the map on the bike at the mo was downloaded 4 months ago 20500 are you saying this has changed?
The one I'm referring to is a modified version of 20500. If you have the standard 20500, the modified version may help out. I have similar mods to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one I'm referring to is a modified version of 20500. If you have the standard 20500, the modified version may help out. I have similar mods to you.
great I will send the map to the guy Thanks

·
Vendor
2,362 Posts
I tried a TTP tune for a few years but the bike would not start well at all, otherwise it ran OK.
Lins, did you use the fast idle knob when starting with both a cold and a hot engine? All Triumph EFI twin engines require the fast idle knob, when hot just for a couple of seconds for a good idle.

·
Vendor
2,362 Posts
If you don't require the fast idle knob pulled out when the engine is cold, it's because the mixture is too rich at idle. If the mixture was correct, you would need the fast idle pulled out to start a cold engine as per the owner's handbook.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lins, did you use the fast idle knob when starting with both a cold and a hot engine? All Triumph EFI twin engines require the fast idle knob, when hot just for a couple of seconds for a good idle.
Hi Pieman,

Yes. We emailed back and forth in the fall. You pointed me towards an air leak or the barometric sensor but it seems to check out. I have the mods listed for Tune 3 and I have NH togas. The bike just doesn't like starting cold with that tune.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Billy, sorry to hijack your thread.

Lins, so does your bike start OK with the modified 20500.hex tune?
Starts great on the modified tune and has an immediate strong steady idle. I'm waiting for spring to be able to test ride it. I'm looking forward to see how it works out for the OP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts