Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over time, I have spent hours in researching appropriate (for me) mods and accessories for my ride. And lots of dollars in purchases.
Money well spent.
The ONE item that has caused me consternation, from day 1, has been the right side panel. Initially it was because the "America" decal was not aligned correctly in its groove. Then, I disliked the gold color of the decal, in that everything else on the bike (mine) was chrome or black. I removed the decal as best I could, but there has always been a faint dull aura in the paint, and I hate the recessed strip to begin with.
With all the accessories and mods being offered by Brent, et.al., why not some options for a more attractive RH side panel?
:confused:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know what you mean. I would like to have the British-American Race Flags instead of the gold America sticker.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Those sixty-8 sidecovers didn`t have the decal recess in them.Maybe find a set of "chrome" ones and have some nice script stickers done up in black?
oops,sorry,a TBA,duh.How about some potmetal fender script off my old 64 Rambler American440? If you cut off the "n" they are 9-1/2" long.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rod

I was under the impression that the sixty eight side panel will not fit on the America or Speedmaster, but only the Bonnies.
No?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Side Panel Decal

Had a similar issue with my Triumph America. I wanted to replace the "America" with "Bonneville". (Nothing anti American just a bit of personal nostalgia!)
Went to a sign writer that does vehicle/van signs. He made a colour match strip to cover the word America and then produced the word Bonneville to stick on it.
Looks great, he said it was easy and charged me £10gbp and gave me 3 spares.

Hope this helps

Dek

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check out my new thread "Decal-Opinions Requested" to see what I have done, for now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts