Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

At the risk of upsetting people firstly I will say I have tried a complete search of the forum and a google search and not found the answer.

I have just bought an 08 Sprint (to go with the 955 Tiger) to tour europe on. I have been looking to find out how prepare the lights for Europe as they drive on the wrong side of the road. I probably will not be driving much at night but I would like to make a pretence to getting it right!

I have only driven the Sprint 100 miles so far but I seem to be enjoying it so far. I realise everyone is different but any advice on touring seats (2 up) would be good as well.

Thanks

John

·
Premium Member
24,407 Posts
Hi John

there are several options

Triumph Gel (I have one and like it on my '04 Sprint ST)

Have your seat altered by a professional (Don has done this and loves his)

Sergeant USA quite popular

Corbin USA possibly the most popular.

I will let others elaborate. There are many threads about this but I don't think any one minds another:)

cheers
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi John.
I've been advised by veteran euro tourers not to bother with adjusting the lights. I'm going over next month, so i'm leaving them be.
As regard seats i can only comment on the Gel seat, which is very comfy. The cover material is non slippy too which helps the pillion keep their position despite the pillion seat sloping forward a little.
Do you intend to travel with a top box, if so which one?

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
DONT be tempted to mask off the dip with sticky tape, as I did. When I returned and removed it, the lens had partially melted. Duh !:rolleyes: This year I've adjusted them downwards.. and no tape !

·
Registered
269 Posts
There doesn't appear to be much of a kick up on the dip so it is probably not too big an issue to leave them alone. (Maybe that's why the lights aren't very good on left handers.)

I shall follow Pcdabblers advice and lower them a little. I shan't be travelling much in the dark anyway.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping people would say leave them alone. I know some bikes dip straight anyway so can be OK abroad. And as you say if the kick is not up on the left then it should be alright and it will be light for just about all the riding at that time of year (June/July). If I was going to mask then I would buy a headlamp cover as I had heard of things melting!!!

As for the seat. I have been looking at all sorts. Anyone tried triumph'ant here in the UK. I know it might not be possible as the underneath kicks up so much but I was wondering if you could lower the pillion a bit. She does not want to be up in the air stream on the long journeys. That is another reason why I wanted to go to talk to a seat modifier?

I have ordered an Alu rack and givi plate. I have the big givi 2 helmet box on the tiger and will just transfer it around when I need to. It does not slide (much) so will that cause a problem?

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.