Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For our trip this summer, I wanted a better way to secure bag(s) to my Thruxton. I found a good deal on an open-box dual comfort seat, which made my Kreiga 20 easier to strap down. But I wanted more room for a second bag, or perhaps a Kriega 30... or my wife.

I've been eyeing the Hepco & Becker rack for months, and finally pulled the trigger last week. More expensive than the Triumph one, but I like the look better, at least from the two pictures I could find. Moto Machines was great; they shipped quickly and the rack was well-packed. I recommend them!

Installation is trivial; you need a 10mm socket and a 1/2-inch socket (a 13mm would probably work). You don't really need the instructions.

Notes

• On the left, the shock mount and the corner of the rack touch. This was enough to nick the black finish. If you care about this more than I do, you may want to file/grind the rack at these corners.
  • You can really bang your hand while removing the seat with the rack installed. Be gentle.
Some pictures:

The factory seat works fine:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This rack also works well with the factory Triumph soft bags.

The rail does not interfere:

And the retaining "wing" works well when mounted half-under the rack:

On the front, I used the Torx bolt that came with the soft bags, because it's a little longer.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Looks good my bike is the same as your and I just ordered a rack through my Triumph dealer but the one I am getting is black and has a low grab rail and hope it looks as good as your's do, you be surprised in what you can carry on a rear rack.

Ashley

·
Registered
576 Posts
Looks good my bike is the same as your and I just ordered a rack through my Triumph dealer but the one I am getting is black and has a low grab rail and hope it looks as good as your's do, you be surprised in what you can carry on a rear rack.

Ashley
Indeed, I think you were right going for black - it will stand out much less.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I just installed my Ventura black rack on my Thruxton and yesterday a friend who work at my dealer gave me a matching Ventura 41 ltr back pack that mounts on the rack its was replaced under warraty as one top D shackel was missing but its new and makes no differents in mounting it on the rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
I just installed my Ventura black rack on my Thruxton and yesterday a friend who work at my dealer gave me a matching Ventura 41 ltr back pack that mounts on the rack its was replaced under warraty as one top D shackel was missing but its new and makes no differents in mounting it on the rack.
Your picture makes me dizzy... blurry & upside down :wink2:

·
Registered
99 Posts
This rack also works well with the factory Triumph soft bags.
The rail does not interfere:
And the retaining "wing" works well when mounted half-under the rack:
On the front, I used the Torx bolt that came with the soft bags, because it's a little longer.
Fantastic documentation, thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts