Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Does the Pro com limiter (or any other) have any limit to it @ all? I want a bit more RPM but I am afraid if it doesnt stop somewhere- it might just go into the outer limits & stay there!. Would like another 1000 rpms outa her. The motor feels as if it wants it bad!! The new exhaust gave it that last little burst & it dies just when its callin!! Thoughts?

The bike is an 04 Bonne.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
yes they do limit RPM usually to about 8300.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Basically, the rev limit is just a value that the computer (igniter) uses as input. The ones that change the rev limit on the stock igniters, have to change the value in the register that holds the rev limit value. At least that is the picture I get in my old head.

I would definitely recommend getting your stock igniter changed rather than running a procomm unit. There is a person in England that does this now, and I think it is a much better "fix" than the procomm unit. Also, you can choose what limit you want. I had mine rev limiter set at 8100, because my goal is to shift at 8000. I believe Jojje said that the stock rods, etc. should be good to about 8300 rpm.

Good luck, Don

·
30,533 Posts
Yes, contact Pieman via PM, he can alter your ignition module for you.

Alternatively, you can go through Triumph Performance USA, who are working with Pieman to supply modified ignitors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts