Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I own a 2008 Triple (the so called Brembo caliper model).
Some time ago I started retrofitting different parts from the newer models, rather than purchasing aftermarket parts. I it better when it has Triumph written on it :)

So, I changed the bugeye lights for the 2011 ones.
Now I am searching for a swingarm swap, the entire assembly (bearings arm, chain etc.). Found a 2011 model swingarm quite cheap somewhere in Netherlands. Question is: does it make for a direct fit on my 2008 or not?

Also, do you know of any other parts that would make a good retrofit for the 2008?

Cheers!

·
Registered
494 Posts
The swingarm from the 2011> model with new frame does not fit the 2008 frame . The 2008 frame was used from 1997 to the end of 2010 so you can use any swingarm from that period. You can even use swingarms from the Sprint ST/RS (955 or 1050) with the twin spar frame.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
2011+ rear wheel fits, if you swap the axle. Motor will fit if you drill the lower case bolt holes and make spacers for the upper mounts or swap the cylinder head. I think the gauges will fit on the 08 mount but you would need the wiring harness, computer and the key to match, unless you could bypass the ignition disable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts