Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Retro fairing

Hi!

Anyone fitted retro fairing to a t595? I would like to mount something like this. This will be my first project so any tips will be appreciated. Vendors, links to write-ups, basically anything that can help a newbie customizer :)

-ohmen

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can make nearly anything fit - the further away from stock, the more adaption work there will be. Fitting a NJ-rear to my N-Daytona also involved more than only turning screws. You will at least have to reweld the stock front fairing subframe or have a welder build a new one. And you will have to find a pretty way to fix the "rear flaps" of the fairing pictured.

A good source for retro fairings is https://www.motoforzafairings.com/oldtimer-classic-cafe-racer/?offsetcount=36 They also offer the lights and screens that fit, making adaption a bit easier (at least in one respect).

·
Registered
49 Posts
In fact it looks like a Thruxton R with the optional fairing, while technically being a modern sportsbike - best of both worlds.

·
Registered
392 Posts
The fairing looks similar to the Rickman one I had on my 250LC back in the day.

A quick look on eBay shows a few for sale.

If you know a friendly fabricator to make the brackets it shouldn't be too tricky to achieve.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for links and tips.

I have a welding machine, so i can weld new brackets at home. I'll take some measures, browse for parts and keep you guys posted.

The plan is to change the subframe for an 1050 subframe with fairings and mount the retro front :)

-ohmen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts