Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, snow flurries today, cold .... so I'm spending way too much time on the computer!

I was looking for some used parts for my R100GS on the web, and stumbled across these concept drawings. According to BikeWeb and others, the concepts were unveiled at one of the large Euro shows this fall. Under the name LoRider ..... if BMW does bring this to mkt, appears the purchaser could supposedly spec their preference of handlebars, exhausts, saddles, etc.

I think I see some hooligan bike styling here ..... sort of like that of the Speed and Street Triples. Maybe bobber style ???

http://pnwriders.com/general-discussion/89255-bmw-lowrider.html

Kind of like being able to buy a Bonnie "Bare", then adding your choice of Scrambler or Thrux exhausts, saddles etc to it at the time of purchase, instead of buying the std bike removing the stock stuff, and buying the accessories

Being a long time Beemer rider, I have to admit, they got my attention with this twin concept.

Bob

·
Registered
913 Posts
The word "minimalist" comes to mind, although it is pretty futuristic looking to me...just in a stripped down sort of style.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Currently being discussed in the biker hang out forum.

For what its worth, friggin ugly. Potential yes but in this form, friggin ugly.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

It's certainly not a bobber . I would say minimalist modern cafe . I like it . Hate to ride it in the rain though .

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This is the photo that made me think some of the Beemer concept drawings looked like a modern day bobber design .... probably the black wheels and spokes, and the minimalist saddle.

This, if it comes to mkt, is supposed to let the purchaser select style of exhaust, saddle, handlebars, headlamp, trim, color of various items, etc.

Interesting concept, now that they have some of the air/oil cooled 1200cc flat twins outputting between 110 to nearly 130hp

Bob

Note - hopefully, I was able to resize this photo, so it wouldn't push the text off the screen. If not, I'll pull it shortly and try again.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: Old School BMW Bobber

I guess that I am getting old too because I like the look of the old school Beemie much better than the new one. I don't mean this in a bad way, but, I still think that the engine looks like a cinder block compared to the beauty of Triumph Twin. But hey, that's just me. I spent the afternoon polishing my Bonnie to a high luster so I may still be delirious.

Pops

·
Registered
420 Posts
I guess that I am getting old too because I like the look of the old school Beemie much better than the new one. I don't mean this in a bad way, but, I still think that the engine looks like a cinder block compared to the beauty of Triumph Twin. But hey, that's just me. I spent the afternoon polishing my Bonnie to a high luster so I may still be delirious.

Pops
At 34, I must be getting old too, because I totally agree with you.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Old School BMW Bobber

Martha and I thank you for your kindness. You're right, BMW still hasn't produced anything to rival the I-could-stare-at-it-all-day looks of the britbikes, old or new. As for that boxer engine, I always thought it was kind of art deco, like a 1920's aircraft engine. Which in essence, it is.
It's really cool having that old bobbed Beemer parked next to my '07 Bonne Black. They're two of a kind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts