Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new here I just have a question.

I have been looking at a used 2007 speed triple online that is at a local dealership, the question is how much should I expect to pay for it because it is noticeable that it has been dropped on the right side. The seat is a bit torn and the exhaust is gone (they cut it off I I guess) and the review mirror on that side is gone as well and there is a small scratch on the engine on that side. The question is how much should I expect to pay? They don't have the price or the miles listed online (none of their used bikes do) the NADA web page puts a regular used one between $5700 to $7000.

Help out here, how much does a dropped Speed Triple cost in South Florida?

I uploaded some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you go ask them in person? I definitely wouldn't pay over $4k for that one! Keep looking unless your okay to putting more money into it.
Good luck mate.
couldn't agree more.

for reference: i bought my immaculate 07 from a gentleman in kissimmee FL for $7,200.00. it had only 800 miles on it.

keep looking man; there are going to me more and more deals popping up as we get closer to tax time. people are strapped for $$$.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you go ask them in person? I definitely wouldn't pay over $4k for that one! Keep looking unless your okay to putting more money into it.
Good luck mate.
I am going down there this weekend i just wanted some knowledge on how much i should expect to pay and how low i should try to bring it without coming off as a low baler. I can fix it little by little is just an opportunity to get a bike i really want but really cant afford right now, i only have a $4500 budget ( id ont want to finance), if you guys think i can find something better that this one for about $4k the i will keep looking (i have not found anithing). I will let you guys know how much they are asking and how much i was able to bring them down.

thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Speedrock
Before you go down there
You need to have an idea of what secondhand S3's go for.

The bike looks like it needs a road worthy certificate too.
so you'll need to find parts before it would be legal for the road.
Also what parts, would your local authority requires.....
ie standard exhaust because of noise or emission levels. etc
whether the aftermarket rear indicators are acceptable?
There's also no front indicators.

The bike looks like it has no rego plates.
so why and what check does it require to obtain them?

don't be too concerned about too lower price...
the dealer won't sell below his cost unless he's going out of business, then by now, it's too late for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts