Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've had my eye on Resurgence jeans for a while. Haven't pulled the trigger but, like you, I'm interested in hearing from owners.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I've been wearing Rokker jeans for two years now, and love them, but they are very pricey so I've been looking at Resurgence also to expand my riding wardrobe.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I can highly recommend the Klim K FIFTY 1 JEAN. Complete protection in a very, very comfortable pant. They're not cheap, but they're worth every penny. They fit true to size—I wear 32" waist jeans, and that's what I ordered. They fit perfectly (I got the 32" tall, because I hate having my pants flying up around my shins). They're extremely comfortable on the bike and off. None of the people that I ride with was even aware that I was wearing motorcycle pants until I told them (and I ride with about 30 different riders in various groups). You can pick them up at Canada's Motorcycle online, so there's no dealing with crazy shipping, currency exchange, and customs duty charges.

I tried on quite a few different brands, and most were VERY uncomfortable—tight, binding around the knees, thighs, and calves, which is not a good thing, really—because if they're uncomfortable, most people won't wear them—and they won't do you any good hanging in your closet.

I like my K Fifty 1's so much that I'm considering getting a second pair in the light denim colour.

http://www.klim.com/K-Fifty-1-Jean-3057-000?cur=CAD&t=1464662921917&

·
Registered
198 Posts
One of the things I wonder about is that Resurgence says the protection of regular ol' Kevlar doesn't survive repeated trips through the washing machine; of course, Resurgence's proprietary fiber does (natch!). I have no way of knowing the truth:buihsllt ratio of the claims. Granted, I haven't spent serious time looking into it, but it has given me an excuse to delay spending $$$ on pants.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Anyone have these jeans? http://www.resurgencegear.net/products/mens-motorcycle-jeans-jackets-hoodies/cafe-racer/

Looking to purchase but have some questions about measurements and would like to see real photos. Thanks.

Hey there. I have them. Size 30x32 in the cafe racer skinny style, purchased from the-cafe-racer in UK. Cost me about $180 ish including shipping if I remember correctly.

I normally wear 31 sized jeans (fashion sizing). My waist is approx 32" when measures with tape. The 30 in resurgence cafe racer skinny fits great. They stretch a lot so better so size down.

I also had mine hemmed to the ground ... So they fit right over my TCX Street or Sidi All Roads. On the streets I use the CE level 1 knee armor it comes with. On the highways I use force field CE level 2 strap ons under the jeans in exchange of the included knee armor, and include the CE level 1 hip armor.

These are the only jeans I wear outside the city / on the highway.

I also wear a pair of revit cordura pants but keep those to urban rides.

They look like the photo included on the website. Btw there is a proprietary Kevlar liner + mesh inside the Jean, so they slip on easily but feel heavy. (Slightly hot compared to my non moto selvedge jeans but gives me hella peace of mind)

I ride a 2014 mag wheel bonneville.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses. Sizing info makes me wonder if I should get a 32 or try to stretch out a 30 for my 33 inch waist. That's cool that the skinny cut gets over the boots so should have no issue with straight cut. Was worried they wouldn't go over my Dayton Engineer boots. Still have sometime to decide as heard these jeans will be in Canadian stores in next couple weeks. Still have to order online with my location but at least it's a domestic order now.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had these and the 100% lined ones also.

A very good garment in my opinion. The stitching is good and the pekev material certainly seems to be very good. I did a lot of research before buying, and as they are one of the very few manufacturers that publish abrasion test results they got my attention. I have tried a lot of jeans;

Of the top safety rated jeans I found -

Draggin - either not enough coverage of Kevlar on their cheaper jeans, or too thick and heavy for their top of the line ones. Also only 34" legs and Kevlar is no longer the very best material for jeans.

Bull-it - too thick again and knee armour not adjustable enough for my legs.

Hood - only have Velcro armour attachments not pockets.

Rokker - not tried yet but might do in the future.

Of the Resurgence models I preferred these ones, the 100% lined ones were a bit too thick, not as bad as some of the others but they still bunched up behind the knee, which I found uncomfortable with rear sets. These 60% lined ones are more comfortable whilst still giving a better coverage than the panelled Kevlar ones. These with a pair of long boots are a good route to take. They can not be CE certified as to get that the jeans have to be 100% lined and have boot straps. However the material test results give confidence.

Sizing for me was the same as normal jeans.

Having said all that I currently use the Hekd 'Crackerjack' jeans they are much lighter and thinner as the Kevlar is woven into the denim and not a separate lining. They can therefore give 100% coverage whilst looking and felling like normal jeans. Safety wise I don't think they are up to Resurgence or Rokker jeans though, so when I update I will be testing those two again.

·
Registered
198 Posts
^they look like...jeans. (that's good). Looking forward to some riding-test results. No need for abrasion testing.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine are dark blue. Yours look black ... Or is it a camera trick? Oh. I have the skinny version. Woe is me. Need to eat my potatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
These jeans are currently a dark indigo like expected. Hopefully have some fades by end of season. Poor lighting in photo.

Have had one ride in these jeans without the knee and hip protectors. Still haven't tried on the pants with that stuff installed. They are comfortable and the material is non restricting. I don't foresee any issues using the armour. Although they weigh more than my regular jeans (which are usually on the heavier/thicker side) they are cooler when riding. Must be the weave plus the denim is not thick/heavy. Should be all right for summer. Will wear base layer when too cool/cold out.

I got size 30/33 in the slim straight fit. Skinny version is not an option yet in Canadian stores but I will definitely be getting a pair sometime somehow. Anyway, theses fit me pretty similar to a tag size 30 Levi's 501. I'll have to decide on hemming these as had to roll about 4 times with 2 inch thick rolls. Pretty sure my inseam isn't 25 inches so these must be longer than the stated 33 inch inseam. No big deal and should give tall guys more options. They may shrink when or if I ever get around to washing them but I think they would stretch out comfortably if they did shrink a little. Probably will hem these after first wash so I only have to roll a couple times. They are cut straight from knee down so no issues getting these over tall boots. I'm use to a taper which is why I would like to try their skinny version as well.

These jeans look good. They don't look out of place with my non-motorcycle raw selvedge denim jeans. Hope I don't have to find out how they hold up otherwise but I do feel better with the idea that I have some protection on. I'm glad I held out from buying motorcycle denim until these came along. However, these Tobacco jeans look nice as well.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Good! Are yours zipper or button fly?

I may have to try a pair. I do love my Rokkers but they are ungodly expensive, and mine have a button fly. The button fly is not normally an issue but, when I carry, (which is normal on a ride) holding your pants up with all that weight on your belt while getting all of the buttons done can be a little tricky. With a zipper I wouldn't have to unbuckle the pants to begin with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good! Are yours zipper or button fly?

I may have to try a pair. I do love my Rokkers but they are ungodly expensive, and mine have a button fly. The button fly is not normally an issue but, when I carry, (which is normal on a ride) holding your pants up with all that weight on your belt while getting all of the buttons done can be a little tricky. With a zipper I wouldn't have to unbuckle the pants to begin with.
zipper

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After a warm day day ride in some stop and go traffic these do feel warmer than my regular jeans after all. Also will be sticking to briefs instead of boxer briefs. Still good though and will continue to wear.

Would their be any issue with the legs on the skinny version of these fitting over 13 inch engineer boots? Still not use to the straight leg on these and would like to add the skinny version to the collection.

·
Registered
378 Posts
After a warm day day ride in some stop and go traffic these do feel warmer than my regular jeans after all. Also will be sticking to briefs instead of boxer briefs. Still good though and will continue to wear.

Would their be any issue with the legs on the skinny version of these fitting over 13 inch engineer boots? Still not use to the straight leg on these and would like to add the skinny version to the collection.

My skinny versions (30 labeled waist) fit over my sidi onroads. I have to work slightly to pull it over but once its on its comfortable

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Since several others have mentioned their fav brands...I'll toss in Saint Unbreakables or their newest Model 1. These are 60% Dyneema woven with cotton. They get 4-6 seconds of drag resistance compared with standard denim at about 1 second. These are not lined, so they do not trap heat and actually feel quite cool compared to street denim...Dyneema fibres breath exceptionally well. The new Model 1 has knee and hip armour.

Been wearing mine for over 1 yr...no signs of wearing out and hold up well to washing machine.

http://www.saint.cc

Reactions: TimothyTodward
1 - 20 of 22 Posts