1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checklist:

1. Replace front stashions... done

2. Replace front brake hydraulics... done

3. Replace air filter element... done, FINALLY! I figured out why the PO used silicone around the air filter housing. There are gaps everywhere! Not sure why but for now will be using some silicone. Won't be the prettiest but just trying to get it road worth now.

4. Flush all fluids.. done.

5. Replace all rubber grommits and washers. Replace front and rear turn signals, indicator bulbs, hook wiring harness back up and confirm all electrics work... umm... skip

6. New tires... done

7. De-rust... done... well, as much as possible.

8. New battery... done

Only thing left is replace the rear brake hydraulic hoses and MC and then put the rear wheel back on. Hope to finish that next weekend and then it's time to see if she can pur again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Noticed that the de-rust was done 'as much as possible'
I wouldn't worry too much about this as here in the UK most people love a bike with pattena.
I have attached a photo of an X75 Hurricane that a friend of mine brings along to our classic meet. This bike is ridden all year round with no thought to the actual value (or paint scheme). I have included it in our calander for next year and people love it.

ps, the owner also has an original Harley XR 750 in similar condition.

pss. and an Harley1200 in XR750 look alike trim.

Odd but it is very difficult to get parts for the Harley rather than the Triumph.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noticed that the de-rust was done 'as much as possible'
I wouldn't worry too much about this as here in the UK most people love a bike with pattena.
A super shine doesn't really bother me. Or lack of really. But there are a few areas that are pretty badly rusted. Did the WD40 trick and got a lot of the small pits out but there are some bad deep ones. Mainly on the rear rack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts