Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Words alone fail me , not an experience I would ever wish to repeat , brings to mind how difficult all the emergency services jobs can be . RIP and sympathy to all who have to deal with the aftermath .

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m struggling with it a bit to be honest. The most graphic portions keep replaying in my mind at completely random times. It’s not that I could have done more. I know that’s not the case. It’s just a hard thing to put out of your mind.

I plan to get back in the saddle tomorrow in an effort to shake it off.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hate to say it but it could be PTSD... You may want to seek out some form of counseling to deal with it. The whole "no bikes at a therapist office" is cute, but not even remotely real. Humans are complex. Riding alone won't help you, if the incident really impacted you emotionally. Hope you feel better bud. Hate seeing something like this.

I’m struggling with it a bit to be honest. The most graphic portions keep replaying in my mind at completely random times. It’s not that I could have done more. I know that’s not the case. It’s just a hard thing to put out of your mind.

I plan to get back in the saddle tomorrow in an effort to shake it off.

·
Registered
514 Posts
My heart goes out to the rider and his family and I hope you can process the horrible experience you witnessed. It will take some time but it will pass. Getting back in the saddle is the way to go.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Hate to say it but it could be PTSD... You may want to seek out some form of counseling to deal with it. The whole "no bikes at a therapist office" is cute, but not even remotely real. Humans are complex. Riding alone won't help you, if the incident really impacted you emotionally. Hope you feel better bud. Hate seeing something like this.

What he said here is true. I've seen to many deaths as a EMT, and yes I got help. You don't need to be a EMT,cop, or fire fighter to need help from a tough scene like you witnessed. Get some help, you'll be glad you did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts