Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to reply to Bonefide's post but it's Locked Out. If the moderators locked out that thread to somehow 'protect me' or 'isolate me' from Mr. Morton's post, they were in error to do so. If I'm misreading the situation Moderators, please forgive me.

I'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth.
Eloquent as ever Sweat.

The problem Mr. Morton & I ran into was two-fold: a) I was out of Drag Bars when he placed his order. And b) Mr. Morton uses at least 3 different email addresses to communicate with me. Since PayPal links buyers & sellers by email address, it is the email addy one uses for making a transaction that I use to track sales.

There was the additional confusion of having several Morton's in my database, but none of them a "Bud." It took me a little while to figure out who-is-who, but I did respond back to say the handlebars were backordered and due in shortly.

Shortly there after, I saw that the customer had disputed the sale, so I refunded his money immediately. Pity, the bars just arrived today.

I apologize Mr. Morton that you had an unpleasant experience buying from me. I hope I get a chance to make it up to you in the future.

Michael Selman - Owner
SEL-MOTION Motorsports :-D :-D

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I would urge anyone buying online from our favorite vendors to do as I do;Call first to avoid any frustration with back ordered parts .We tend to order the same stuff and it's not surprising when sometimes the products run out of stock.With pay Pal the money is sent -period ,whether the goods are in stock or not.
Call and chat a bit, they are all nice people. :-D

[ This message was edited by: meatwagon on 2007-02-01 21:40 ]

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I've always recieved notice from Mike when I've placed a order and the part is back-ordered or not in stock. Placing a call or making a contact prior to buying thru paypal simply eliminates the element of suprise.

So, in a sense your correct. Personal contact with a vendor thru email or a phonecall is always a good idea however. It has nothing to do with trust, it has to do with communication.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Mike-
I had a real hunch that there was a tangled mess here, and praise to you for the explanation and classy manner. I'm glad the thread has been locked and will receed from memory like yesterday's newspaper, that now wraps fish and chips. Those of us who have been around awhile, and those who are addicted readers of the forum, realize that you are a class act.

So... I assume there's going to be a big "Let's Kiss and Make Up Sale" ?

:-D

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Considering the amount of transactions Bella Corse has, they do an outstanding job.Nobody ships 100% happiness all the time. Can't win 'em all when you're in business. I commend Bella Corse for providing so many unique products and good service over the years, as well as back up the sales with hands on experience.

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I've bought from Brent/newbonneville and I've bought from British Customs, and I've bought from Bellacorse. I've never had a bad experience with any of them.

British Customs sent me a new exhaust pipe 8 months after originally buying my predators, no questions asked, and it was in my hands 4 days later.

Brent sends me mints, responds to emails, and is generally very nice to deal with.

Mike/racedweeb/bellacorse has been quick to communicate with as well. I've ordered from him/them several times and never had the inkling of a bad experience.

My comment "from the horse's mouth" was not meant to inflict any harm, and I don't think it was taken as such, there's 2 dozen sides to every story and I think we all deserved to hear the other side since we'd heard the one side anyway.

The only major vendor I haven't purchased from (on this side of the pond) is Bonneville Performance, but Bill Gately has responsded to at least 2 dozen of my pestering emails and he is very service-oriented as well.

Point being, we are a minority of a minority, of a subculture. These parts are one step beyond one-off parts and are a small demand and small supply market.

Thanks to all the vendors.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've only ordered once or twice from BellaCorse, but my experience was positive. :upthumb: for the professional and classy response, Mike. You just earned points in my book.

·
Banned
1,342 Posts
Here's the problem Mike - if you HAD responded to my emails as timely as you do post on this forum - your name and business name would not be plastered on this site - showcasing your lack of customer service skills. Now - are you sure you want to continue to show examples of your pisspoor service in an open forum? I resolved the problem, but if you want to get in a public pissing contest after the fact - allow me to retort.

The problem Mr. Morton & I ran into was two-fold: a) I was out of Drag Bars when he placed his order. And b) Mr. Morton uses at least 3 different email addresses to communicate with me. Since PayPal links buyers & sellers by email address, it is the email addy one uses for making a transaction that I use to track sales.
1. If you have a "buy now" vendor site, it should be more involved and show the NUMBER of said item you have in stock. (Pay attention to point of sales tactics here Fattrat). If you site had shown you did not have the product I wanted in stock - I sure as heck would not have placed an order and sent you money.

2. YOU NEVER SENT ANY FORM OF COMMUNICATION TO ANY OF MY EMAILS - ADVISING ME OF MY ORDER STATUS. I sent you an email questioning the status of my order from my yahoo account. 3 days later you responded (even thou you posted replies on here all 3 of those days) asking if my name was Marshall Morton. I explained how my name would show up on your paypal receipt and even gave you a copy of the paypal receipt. After that ... nothing but the sound of crickets.

There was the additional confusion of having several Morton's in my database, but none of them a "Bud." It took me a little while to figure out who-is-who, but I did respond back to say the handlebars were backordered and due in shortly.
Here's where I throw the BS flag sir. The one thing I am up to date on are my emails. I live in a email-enriched world and I check/respond to them daily - more than once a day. You most certainly need to hire yourself some techno-kid from the local HS to sort your computer-handicap problems. I might suggest you look in your DRAFT folder for the email you never sent.

Shortly there after, I saw that the customer had disputed the sale, so I refunded his money immediately. Pity, the bars just arrived today.
Shortly would = 1 week with no return contact from you. I find it absolutely amazing you got the bars in today. I find it even more amazing you NEVER responded to the paypal dispute. Ignoring your customers WILL make them go away.

I apologize Mr. Morton that you had an unpleasant experience buying from me. I hope I get a chance to make it up to you in the future.
Thank you, but you will most certainly not get that chance.

[ This message was edited by: Bonafide on 2007-02-01 23:24 ]

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Mr. Selman -

Thank you for answering so promptly to Bonefide's post. I, too, wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth as I've always believed there are at least two sides to every story.
This problem was of particular interest to me because I have yet to make any of the suspension and engine upgrades a lot of the forum members here have already made on their bikes. I wanted to hear how you were going to handle this situation, and now I know.
Good job!

·
Registered
300 Posts
"If you have a "buy now" vendor site, it should be more involved and show the NUMBER of said item you have in stock. (Pay attention to point of sales tactics here Fattrat). If you site had shown you did not have the product I wanted in stock - I sure as heck would not have placed an order and sent you money."
Case in point..... 'Bonafide', you let your "anxious expectations" get the better of you. You set yourself up for anger and disappointment. You wouldn't happen to be a member of this younger 'instant gratification' generation(???)

My business is 'point of sales' too, albeit in a prison to murderers, rapists, gang bangers, drug dealers, etc. As much as I like to keep EVERYTHING in stock, sometimes there are trends that can not be predicted and prepared for. Some things move one week, never to be ordered again for weeks thereafter..... sh!t happens.

Dude/'Bonafide', you simply need to get over yourself.

(In fact, I had a beef with Mike of BC with regard to TWO separate purchases. But I have chosen to put them behind me and continue to do business with him. YOU, on the other hand, are now screwed.)
:cool:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Out of pure curiosity.....

1. If you have a "buy now" vendor site, it should be more involved and show the NUMBER of said item you have in stock. (Pay attention to point of sales tactics here Fattrat). If you site had shown you did not have the product I wanted in stock - I sure as heck would not have placed an order and sent you money.

Is there a vendor who does this, and if they did would anyone honestly be as motivated to place a order knowing that ..( for conversational puposes )....let's say 50% or more of the items were not in stock?

40%....?

60%...?

Had to ask as I dont recall seeing any vendor's doing this...hell dealership's dont even do this on their sites regarding parts and such do they?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Trim,while not vendors to the Triumph crowd per se,Both Dennis Kirk and J&P Cycles both list the number in stock,out of stock or shipping delays due to procurement. BTW,I have made several purchases from Mike [and Brent and Jessica] and haven`t ever had a problem. :cool:

·
Banned
1,342 Posts
Olderyoungster - "anxious expectations"?!?!? Who the hell are you quoting??? Nevermind - I'll answer your questions, but I'm in no mood to get in a what if diatribe with you. I'm 40 yrs old. I'm not an impatient person, but going on 2 weeks for an internet order - it's not too much to ask for some simple communication. If the vendor can spend time on here socializin - then he can most certainly return an email in a timely manner.

SCCT - listing the remaining number of products instock is not a leap in technology. It's commonly used. Out of the three vendors listed here - no - none of them use it, but only one uses paypal - whereas 2 of the 3 will reply PROMPTLY to email inquiries. I work nights - even on my off days - I'm up at night - outside people's normal business hours. I don't have the time most days to be on the phone, calling on the availability of parts BEFORE I place my order. Emails are fast and easy - that is - unless you're ignored.

None of this would have been posted here if he had kept me informed of *** is going on.

[ This message was edited by: MA0458 on 2007-02-02 11:38 ]

·
Registered
893 Posts
My My.

I have learned something from this thread. Never again will I communicate with a vendor through different email addresses if it can be avoided. My take is to try to keep things simple, be patient and assume that the vendor wants to do things right.

"The best laid plans of mice and men..."

I have just had a situation develop with one of this site's favored vendors and I have to say he was quick to admit to the error and make it right. It is a joy to do business with people like this.

I used to work nights. It was tough dealing with the day world sometimes, especially when I had stewed all night about something I couldn't deal with until the day world was back in action. Then I was supposed to be asleep. Does not make for a good humor.

Dennis

[ This message was edited by: wonderdog on 2007-02-02 08:23 ]

·
Registered
300 Posts
Angry little man, and rather uppity too.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and "anxious expectations" is a term used and explained in it's various facets in the book, The TAO of Pooh. It's a book that changed my whole approach to life. But you're seemingly filled with as much anger as I am with cynicism. I don't know if one is any worst or better than the other, but suffice it to say..... I have issues too.

I AM,
an cynical little man, and rather frustrated too.....

[ This message was edited by: Olderyoungster on 2007-02-02 08:40 ]

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Trim,while not vendors to the Triumph crowd per se,Both Dennis Kirk and J&P Cycles both list the number in stock,out of stock or shipping delays due to procurement. BTW,I have made several purchases from Mike [and Brent and Jessica] and haven`t ever had a problem.

I didn't think I recalled seeing in stock detail's on Mike's nor Brents websites...Bill doesnt do that either...( Bonneville Performance )...

SCCT - listing the remaining number of products instock is not a leap in technology.

Your right..and vendor's should do this, thats the bottom line. I think they dont however due to reasoning explained somewhat in my earlier post. It would however be a step in the right direction on their part.

I'm just glad I havent had this issue to deal with. I'm something less than patient, especially when waiting to recieve part's for my ride. That's why I swap email's with vendor's regarding stock prior to ordering.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I would have thought that no responses were needed on this topic, much less all the arguing and bickering. I can understand some frustration, as we all have had to deal with that when dealing with a vendor in one form or another, but all this, come on!

Nathan

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
On 2007-02-02 09:31, cobra935o wrote:
I would have thought that no responses were needed on this topic, much less all the arguing and bickering. I can understand some frustration, as we all have had to deal with that when dealing with a vendor in one form or another, but all this, come on!

Nathan
Thank you Nathan. You have voiced my closing opinion rather eloquently.

Movin on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts