Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just completed my first annual service on my 2018 Tiger 800 XRT and went to reset the Service Interval Date for next year but the menu options won't let me set it to any date more than 90 days out. The "Standard" interval defaults to 90 days so I used the Custom interval so that I could set it to 365 days but it won't go past 90. The Custom setting does have 3 digits and the joystick will position on all 3 and they do blink, but trying to set anything greate than 090 is impossible. Has anyone else had a similar issue? It must be possible somehow because even the Triumph manual example of the screen shown 335 days. I did reset the mileage interval to 6000 and reset the "service" indicator symbol using "Tiger Tool" software and an ODBII reader but that tool doesn't provide an option for resetting the date reminder. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2,788 Posts
I'm not familiar with that. My 15 only allows a mileage to be set which I do with DealerTool. Is the date something you set with the display itself?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. The date interval can be set via the TFT display menu. The mileage reminder is shown there but cannot be reset there. The only way to reset the mileage reminder interval is via software using an.ODBII read/write device, which I have successfully done using Tiger Tool (free tool).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes. The date interval can be set via the TFT display menu. The mileage reminder is shown there but cannot be reset there. The only way to reset the mileage reminder interval is via software using an.ODBII read/write device, which I have successfully done using Tiger Tool (free tool).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
What is Tiger Tool?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts