Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer (near Boston) was having their open house on Saturday, so I took this opportunity to discuss the master cylinder swap for my Sprint. Neither the service manager nor the owner had heard of any such thing, so I produced the info from MCN on the claim code, repair code, etc. and he (the service mgr) claimed to have no idea what any of this information was :???:

Now these guys have always seemed to be straight shooters and I don't think they're trying to be subversive, so I'm a little perplexed. The service manager said that he needs a service bulletin number to lookup things on the computer (he did find the drag link bolt recall using my VIN, but that's it).

So two questions:

1. Has anyone in the US done the swap?
2. How did you relate the information to your dealer (and who was your dealer)?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Just dropped my 02 ST for service yesterday.
My dealer was quite aware of it and was gonna check to see if I can get the 2002 ST under the same "good faith" claim.

1)Not sure
2)Not sure; Capital Area Triumph in Pennsylvania

[ This message was edited by: Sport on 2007-03-13 11:01 ]

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Mine was replaced Thursday. The dealer new about it when I called and had already done several replacements. The dealer is Bogart's Motorsports in Birmingham Alabama.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The dealer I used last week had no problem locating the MC good will upgrade - apparently they just log on to a Triumph web site to submit all warranty claims and provided they are in by 11am Pacific time they usually get (on-line) confirmation the same day. For everything but the MC they received the parts just a couple of days after submitting the claim. The MC replacement was approved but the system shows it on back-order, with no estimated date for delivery. Another dealer told me the MC upgrade would not be available until May which I found hard to believe at the time, but maybe it is going to prove true.

·
Registered
394 Posts
On 2007-03-13 10:36, TheArchitect wrote:
So two questions:

1. Has anyone in the US done the swap?
2. How did you relate the information to your dealer (and who was your dealer)?
1. Yes. Mine was the first bike my dealer did the master cylinder swap on.

2. I called to set up the drag bolt repair and mentioned the master cylinder replacement and my spongy brake issue. The service manager acknowledged the MC swap right away, ran my VIN, said it was an affected bike, and ordered the kit.

Not all 2006 Sprints were affected. Perhaps you have the 5/8" MC?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, I managed to get off the disavowed list :-D and straighten out the dealer. They are now processing the claim and I'm hoping to get the work done this weekend (barring part backorders :brk: ).

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
I'll be shocked if you get it done this weekend. My service guy said if it didn't come in last week it would be May before it came in. Thank goodness it came in last week.

·
Registered
223 Posts
When I called my dealer about the drag link recall I also asked about the MC change out. He claimed to have no knowledge of the entire Sprint brake issue. I asked him how it was possible that I knew about it and he, as the Triumph Service Manager, did not. After he stumbled around for a while, he "found" the information and submitted the claim. I heard nothing for 3 weeks so I called to check. He told me that the claims were approved and parts ordered and he would call to schedule the work when the parts came in. It's been 6 weeks now and still no parts. Not even for the drag link. As the old Chinese proverb says, "dealing with Triumph requires great peace of mind".

·
Registered
211 Posts
My dealer is another that knows nothing of the m/c goodwill recall.

Now my mirrors are getting loose and the paint has changed on one of the lowers so it no longer matches. The dealer acts helpful at times and tries to blame Triumph for not standing behind their product.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
I was at my dealer a couple of weeks ago. He asked if I needed the MC before I brought it up. He said there was a backlog so it would take a few weeks to get the part in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts