Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just got the clacking of death sound a few days ago so it looks like i gotta replace the sprag.. now i know there are upgrades and the part numbers are confusing so which one would i need to get for a 95 daytona 1200? and also the haynes manual mentions a different idler gear as well so im guessing i have to purchase the sprag and the new idler gear?:(

·
Banned
141 Posts
gear

hey im not real sure on the fours, but on my super111 it was a pain in the ass to replace the sprag gear, you have to split the case pull the tranny componets ,and a lot more on the triple its a direct swap , excecpt i had to replace a bolt that had spun in half also, i wish you the best of luck, hey if you just want to swap motors i still have a 4 out back

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'm not sure on the year that the cases changed but didn't the earlier models have an access hatch through which the sprag can be changed without splitting the cases?

Have a look on the right side top of the case behind the cylinder block for a hatch.

Cheers,

Roden

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Im Typing This On My Phone. Check My Albums And A Post For 95 D12 Engine Noise. Turned Out Wasnt The Sprag But I Replaced It Anyhow. I Had To Tear The Bottom End Apart B4 Ordering The Sprag As No One Could Tell Me Which One, And You Need To Count Teeth On One Of The Gears. I Believe My Old Sprag Is Good But You Can See The New Was A Bit Beefier. I Have The Old If You Want One Cheap. Anyhow, Ill Watch This Thread And Repost When Im On A Pc

·
Banned
141 Posts
I'm not sure on the year that the cases changed but didn't the earlier models have an access hatch through which the sprag can be changed without splitting the cases?

Have a look on the right side top of the case behind the cylinder block for a hatch.

Cheers,

Roden
i think they did away with that in 94

1 - 5 of 5 Posts