Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that my right side cover was missing it's bolt and 1 of 2 mounting rubbers and was wondering if anyone had experience with an inexpensive fix. I work at a bike shop and am thinking that I can just find a bolt to thread in it's place?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I noticed today that my right side cover was missing it's bolt and 1 of 2 mounting rubbers and was wondering if anyone had experience with an inexpensive fix. I work at a bike shop and am thinking that I can just find a bolt to thread in it's place?
the seat bolts and the bolt that holds the stock mirrors in place (from underneath) will fit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! I might just shave a rubber bicycle bar end cap and glue it to the top of the side cover to prevent it from clattering around. Lost both on the highway after ditching my airbox last week

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
also the bolts holding the gas tank to the frame (under the front of the seat) are the same thread pitch and similar length, but have an 8mm head.

I replaced my seat bolts with the same bolts as the ones that hold the gas tank on. I can use a 6 in 1 screwdriver with the screwtip removed to take off the seat and gas tank. I keep the screwdriver in my jacket pocket, or luggage when traveling. I can remove the seat, tank, sidecovers, and much more with just one tool!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wire Tie

My left side cover is held on with a wire tie.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ace hardware had good (stainless) parts and rubber to replace it when this happened to me.

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Just a guess, but an electrical grommet might substitute for the rubber. They come in various sizes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts