Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Replacing Instrument Cluster?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sullivs 
#1 ·
Hello, I recently acquired a 2016 T120 Black from a family member who took a light spill on it (thankfully, no major injuries) and lost interest in riding.

The instrument panel, though still fully functional, took a good whack, and the clear lens is cracked. Since these are a complete/sealed assembly, unfortunately one cant just replace the lens....

I was wondering if it might be possible to use the single-guage cluster from the new Bobber, on the 120, but according to a few folks I have asked, it sounds like they are not compatible....So, I just ordered a replacement cluster for the 120.

Anyone here know if a replacement cluster is a "plug and play" affair, or if I will need to visit the dealer in order to have the ECM and instrument cluster paired up with each other?

Thanks!
Rob

#2 ·
Hi Rob,

I know your post is pretty old, but I was wondering if you made any progress on fixing your instruments? Mine too, is cracked, and I've taken them apart. It is not a sealed unit, and you can actually break it down pretty far. I have mine down to the two lens sandwiched between the chrome face and black plastic backing.

I'm searching for a busted unit that I can destructively take apart to see if I can fix it.

Thanks,

#3 ·
Reactions: CafRacer
#4 ·
Hi Wishbone,
I appreciate the good lead. At this point, it's more than what I'm looking for. I have been searching for the lens only. The rest of my housing is perfect. However, if none can be found, I may reconsider my options.

Thank you again for the head's up on it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.