Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their Thruxton handlebar grips or clutch-brake levers? I have noticed that the Thruxton has large diameter handlebar grips that have more rubber in the middle compared to the flat, smaller diameter grips on the rest of the sport classics. I wonder if this is just due to style, or maybe to accommodate the bar-end mirrors.

Has anyone replaced their levers or grips on their thruxton here? I am hoping that it would as easy as throwing on a pair from the Bonneville.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
what year is your bike the older ones where 7/8 inch I think the 09 bikes use 1 inch bars like the rest of the bonnies.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what year is your bike the older ones where 7/8 inch I think the 09 bikes use 1 inch bars like the rest of the bonnies.
I have an 09 Thruxton. I was in a dealer the other day and the Thruxton bars are much thicker then the Scrambler and the Bonnevilles. In addition, they are not flat, with more rubber near the middle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts