Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure if it's been suggested but if you are a Michelin fan (I've been since 2005) and you like the Pilot Power 3's, RS, Pilot Road series, etc...then you should seriously consider trying out a set of Continental Road Attack 3's. I tried a set on my '13 Speed Triple R and they were fantastic. As good, possibly better grip than all the sets of Pilot Power 3's I've had. They're dual compound, super sticky, do very well in the rain and their technology to formulate the dual compound allows for no mold release agent. You can essentially mount these tires and go shred the twisty roads. Convinced my girlfriend to put a set on her '14 Street R and I just mounted a set on my new (to me) '18 Street RS.

For what it's worth, I never even considered Conti an option until I started wearing through Pilot Powers and Roads seemingly quickly, and once there were a few thousand miles on the Michelins the sticky side of the dual compound lost it's feel and was far less confidence inspiring throughout their lives.

This is in comparison apples to apples with dual compound road going and occasional track day tires.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Contis are single compound, but they heat treat the tire to vulcanize the rubber harder in the center and softer on the edges... so it acts like a dual/ multi compound in that way, but does not have a defining line like dual compound tires do- this is a plus, as the Contis have smoother transitions. I've been impressed by the Sport Attack 3s... trying to decide at the moment between another set of those, the S22s, or Rosso Corsa 2s. Leaning towards the Pirellis as those are the only ones offered in 180/60. Don't know yet if I'll like the taller profile, but want to try it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,620 Posts
No. You're nowhere near the wear bars. Plenty of life left in them.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
They look good to me, plenty of life left, the only thing I would check is when they were manufactured. I am happy to use them up to five years old but some people say three for sport tyres. I ran 12 year old tyres on my 1991 BMW K-bike for a year with no issues but it is not like I push the old girl.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks! I do have this slipping sensation on rear tyre sometimes under hard acceleration. The tyres arę 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thanks! I do have this slipping sensation on rear tyre sometimes under hard acceleration. The tyres arę 2017.
Check your pressures? I run 32F, 34R on mine for the street.. and they will slip if they're cold as well.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts