Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
You got 5700 miles from your Super Corsas? Way to go, mine are done after less than 3000 miles.

·
Registered
560 Posts
It's been a while since I followed up. I have about 3 grand on the Rosso Corsa IIs (not as many miles this past year) - but they are still amazing tires. I will replace them with the same when the time comes. Still plenty of good tread on the rear (and the fronts still look relatively unworn apart from the scrubbing). I only ever ride this bike on back roads/twisties, so the miles they do have on them are fairly demanding - we are blessed with great roads in the area for spirited riding. Unless things go south quickly, I may very well get 5 grand or more on this pair.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Out here it's a long strait ride to any twisty roads so the DRC's are showing cord at 2000 miles while the sides look new! maybe if I start doing track days.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
We don't have inspections here:) Crazy, I was 2 1/2 hours out in the country as that's how far away any decent twistys are when I stopped to look at a map app to see where I was and MT my bladder and I walk back to my bike and those tires that looked decent a couple hundred miles earlier were showing patches of cord! The edges still looked new! clearly a great tire for the track, long strait roads not so much.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I will probably switch to Dunlop Q3+ when I wear these Pirelli's out... I really like the feel of the Dunlop's and have had good luck with them on the street and track... They run a little wider too, which I like. The Q3+ in a 180 runs about the same width/footprint as the Super Corsa does in a 190...

·
Registered
54 Posts
We don't have inspections here:) Crazy, I was 2 1/2 hours out in the country as that's how far away any decent twistys are when I stopped to look at a map app to see where I was and MT my bladder and I walk back to my bike and those tires that looked decent a couple hundred miles earlier were showing patches of cord! The edges still looked new! clearly a great tire for the track, long strait roads not so much.
I meant at a track day. (y)

61 - 69 of 69 Posts