Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Bought my 2016 Street Twin at the end of April. Great bike, lots of fun to ride....Until I got cut off and introduced myself to the back end of a 4runner :frown2:. Anyway, does anyone have a guess as to how long replacement parts would take for this bike? I am assuming the relative newness may impact parts availability. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Shouldn't take so long as they're banging these bikes out the factory they should have all the parts needed to rebuild one readily available.. At a price I'm sure!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello -

I had a recent accident on my ST. It was on its stand and flipped over on the gear side. It broke the gear.

This happened early April.

I had to wait 2 weeks for the dealer to pickup the bike.

It took 3.4 weeks to get parts from UK. I had to involve Triumph after sales team to speed up the process.

Currently the bike is getting fixed, finally. But not ETA when I will have it back.

In total: 1.5 month delay till today.

Hope your dealer has its part stocked, that might help.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was able to reduce the bill to $1150.00

What the dealer was doing was 'collision repair' along with fixing the gear problem. They added a new exhaust, handle bar, mirrors and added labor to it.

I reduced every part that could be used again and the final bill came down. It is still with the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a quick update. Got my bike back yesterday. Not bad all in all, only 3 weeks and looks as good as day 1. Thanks everyone for your feedback

1 - 9 of 9 Posts