Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as a replacement face in black for the white face on the speedo, and/or tach?
Thanks, in advance.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Think I've read that there are no speedo components available - such as repairs - and the entire unit must be purchased.
Oddly enough, I purposely bought a white faced gauge when I changed mine; I rather like it, as I've never had a white one before.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
The parts aren't available, only thing you can get is the re-set knob. Taking the speedo apart basicly destroys the case, although there was a post on here a couple of years ago from a French guy that managed to do it.
Used speedos seem to make a good $ so swoppsie would be the way to go if you just had to do it. Bear in mind that MPH and KPH speedos have different faces, although both markings are on there.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Just realised that you have a Bonneville America. You are still S.O.L., except you can't even swop with anyone for a black one. Same goes for the tach.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts