Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi To Everyone from the UK

The battery for my 2000 tt600 after many years has died, it was a GS (Japan) GTX12-BS.
It was always connected to an Optimate III tickle charger. I had removed it to do some suspension greasing for about a week, refitted battery and was dead

External Dimensions 150 x 86 x 130 at top
Dimensions at base are 146 x 83.

GS & Yuasa say they now don't do a battery for the TT600

Have checked other manufactures but they only give dimensions at top not the base

Any suggestions would be apreciated as I would like to avoid cutting the battery holder box an also avoid crushing any cables.
Would also prefer an Acid or Gel type battery (not Lithium) as would have to purchase a new Tickle charger

Cheers Dave

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome!

30 seconds googling found this

https://batteryworldshop.com/products/mg12-bs?variant=14024212611107&currency=GBP&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw9L_tBRBXEiwAOWVVCQ6BuLW2QDSnmBr6X86jmqqWpJahsoMMsTe6qrvxV3jGUAvoRe51RRoCHDEQAvD_BwE

They don't give base dimensions but the picture clearly shows that the top is slightly larger than the bottom so the base dimensions will be slightly smaller than the top.

Actually, there seem to be dozens of batteries available in that size so you should have no problem.

Not sure where you are in the UK, but if you're anywhere near Gloucestershire, I can recommend popping in to Groves Batteries in Cheltenham with the old battery and asking them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that already managed to get the information and bought and fitted it.
Cheers Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks for that managed to get the information and got Yuasa battery. My problem was it was not identified as fitting the TT 600 on their website.
Cheers Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts