Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Renthal Streetfighter bars

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  chunky chris 
#1 ·
I have an 08 S3 and I am looking at getting the Renthal streetfighter bars. I was wondering if people like the feeling of them or not and how different than stock is it. Also, will the stock risers and clamps fit the bars or do I need to get different clamps/risers?

#2 ·
I have Renthal ultra low bars which are almost exactly like stock (I wanted the anodized gold) and they went on without changing the risers. They are a 3/4" bar so it is a dirrct bolt up. I have been on a bike with the streetfighter bar and it is about 1" taller--it also has the cross bar which makes it a little more expensive. Installation was pretty easy, I only had to modify the controls on each side as they have a small locating nipple to keep them stable. I ground them off and tightened so they would not slip. I have seen folks wrapping a little piece of tape to keep them still as well. An alternative is to drill a hole but that looked like too much trouble and difficult to get it just right. The Renthals are really well made and the anodizing is quite nice.

#3 ·
I have Renthal Fatbars in Streetfighter bend (+ Rizoma risers, so don't know if they will work with stock risers or not).

I must say that the bend is not that comfortable for me. The bars are too straight and pull me (6' 4") into a bit awkward position where I am not quite far enough back to sit up straight, but not quite far enough forward to lean on the bars properly.

I will probably look into changing to something with a bit more sweep, like the Rizoma fatbars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.