Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Thruxton owners have the Renntec Sport Rack installed? I'd like to see a picture if possible - thanks.

·
Registered
539 Posts
My husband (MrNickwiz) has a Renntec carrier on his Thruxton. There may be some photos in his gallery, but I'll let him know you'd like to see some. It's very good, I've ordered one for my Bonneville.

·
30,533 Posts
I know sofiaspin has one on his thrux - he has posted positive comments on it. I don't think he has posted any pics though.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I know sofiaspin has one on his thrux - he has posted positive comments on it. I don't think he has posted any pics though.

No he has not but will try and do so. Mr Nickwiz might beat me to it. The positive is that it fits - which some were unsure about. Even Rentec had no idea. Some purists think it does not work the rear cowl, but you can remove the cowl;)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Rennetec

Best investment I made on the bike!! If it dont fit- it takes 5 min to remove! I think it will tho. Dont knowhow I did so long w/o it!!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best investment I made on the bike!! If it dont fit- it takes 5 min to remove! I think it will tho. Dont knowhow I did so long w/o it!!
Thanks - I would just use it for weekenders, so it's nice to know that it is quickly removed.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Here you go. Renntec rack fitted to my 07 Thruxton

It looks pretty good. can be removed quickly if you want though I leave mine on as I think it looks fine and adds practicality for an everyday biker like me.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
No probs

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
How about this. Its an older pic before the top case came.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I finally got a Renntec rack and just installed it, very simple bolt-on that took a few minutes. Just to add, I bought it from a Bonneville owner and installed it on my 2009 Thruxton.... I've seen posts in the past where racks weren't compatible between the 2 bikes. This rack is a perfect fit, holes lined up just right, no modding necessary. My Kuryakyn Mini Grantour bag fits just right.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not to hijack the thread.,
I received Triumph OEM rack from another member here. It says it fits Bonnie. I ride a scrambler. I'll try to fit it on my bike...
Is there a install instructions manual or page to look at it and install on my bike

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just installed side racks I got on Ebay from seller "losi3030" and they installed just fine on my 2009 Thruxton with the Renntec rack. The racks came with longer bolts for the upper rear shock bolts, and small metal plates that bolt onto the rear foot pegs to attach the side racks at the bottom, which clear the stock pipes by a quarter inch as seen in the last pic. I just need some bags now.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
blimey it took you two years to fit it!!!:eek:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Renntech versus Tec rack

I am interested in one or the other- the Renntch is 100.00 dollars more expensive than the Tec rack, and I am wondering if anyone has had experience with the Tec rack? Photos attached, they appear to be nearly identical, however I would prefer not to have buyers regret either way. Renntech shown on the blue bike.

Thanks

denoose

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Renntech versus Tec rack

The Renntch looks more robust, just need to learn if anyone has gone with the Tec product as it is substantially less costly

Thanks

denoose

1 - 20 of 23 Posts