Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of Renntec engine bars for my new (2011) T100 from their website but found it impossible to fit them! The lower mounting bracket is a slighty bent steel bar which is meant to fit under the lower frame tubes, just in front of the exhaust balancer pipe. There's no way of attaching it with the saddle clamps supplied, which fit from above the frame tubes, as the bracket is obstructed by the exhaust pipes and will not go flush to the frame.
My brother thinks it's because the exhaust pipes are fatter on post-2008 T100 EFI models, which Renntec haven't allowed for. Certainly the date on the printed instruction sheet was 2002, so could he be right? Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
443 Posts
It's not the exact same bike, but I was able to fit the bars on my 2010 Bonneville SE. It was tight under the frame and around the exhaust, but they fit like a glove and save the bike from a nasty low-side.

·
30,693 Posts
I put a set of renntec bars on my Bonneville. I didn't have any problems. The cross brace behind the pots was a bit fiddly, but that was about it. But - now I read your post more closely - mine is a 2007 carbed version, so that could be the difference. I have pics somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts