Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody can give me a step by step of how to remove the rear wheel for a tire change, I sure would appreciate it. It's an 06 tiger. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hi Mate,

Welcome to the forum :):)

1. Put bike on centre stand then put a chock of wood under the tyre so the wheel doesn't slip down later when the axle bolt is removed.
2. Take chain guard off (makes it easier to take chain and wheel off and on).
3. Slacken the big Axle nut but leave it on by a few threads (to hammer axle out later).
4. Tap the axle nut with a hammer to start the axle bolt moving.
5. Remove the axle nut then remove the bolt completely.
6. Remove all the spacers, etc, and put them back on the axle bolt for later reference.
7. Put a cloth over the near side swing arm and remove the chain and put it over the cloth.
8. Slip the rear wheel out.
9. Cup of tea and a slice of cake for your hard work :)

Putting it back on is just a reversal, but open the rear brake caliper and pads a bit first and put some coppaslip on the axle bolt, etc.

If I've missed anything, I'm sure one of the other guys will help :)

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Good Question !!

In best Sherlock Holmes voice:

"I deduced from the description of the the bike in the original post that it was a 2006 Tiger where the centre stand came as standard. I also deduced by the eloquent spelling and grammer that the owner was not one for meddling and taking the centre stand off the bike. I then deduced by his next post, where he did not question the centre stand technique, that the bike did indeed have a centre stand. Elementary my dear Pete"

Can you smell something ?? Is that bullsh!t :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts