Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of Triumph bar-end mirrors for my 2012 T100. Those of you with bar-end mirrors: what did you use to plug the holes where the old mirror stalks used to be?

I've seen replacement plugs at various supplies websites, but at around $25 with shipping, these seem kinda pricey.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I used some flat black plastic push-in plugs I had in my collection. Light weight and blend in nicely. Check the hardware store they usually have a good selection....

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You can buy blanks that fill the holes from several suppliers like NB, Joker etc... They seem a little spendy to me to cover a hole, so I'm with Hypurone, check your hardware store, or leave them open and call it a weight reduction project.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I used some of those replacement rubber feet (black) from the hardware place, the kind that go over thin/wire furniture legs. They're slightly conical shaped and push fit as a straight for a snug fit. 1/2" diameter base worked the best. 4 in a packet for a couple of $!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Show pics when your done.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I took out the attaching bolts from the bottom of the stock mirror mounts, covered the bottom of the hole temporarily with electrical tape, gooped in a glob of Shoe gu or some such glue, and inserted the bolts to fill the hole. Next day removed tape, bolts are still there covering holes 4 months later. I know, Mickey Mouse, but it was free and it worked to cover the holes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts