Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - Are the Sprint 1050 hardbags easily and quickly removable? When you take them off, is there are lot of hardware showing which ruins the lines of the bike, or is it still clean? Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
quick and easy!

in a word YES

getting them on is a little bit more fiddley than getting them off but still not difficult.

I don't think the rails look bad at all. I'll have a look to see if I have any photo's I can post for you.

Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi guys - Are the Sprint 1050 hardbags easily and quickly removable? When you take them off, is there are lot of hardware showing which ruins the lines of the bike, or is it still clean? Thanks.
  1. Insert Key
  2. Turn Key
  3. Lift Handle
  4. Remove

Doesn't get much easier than that :D

Removing the rails is just 4 bolts per side - does leave a couple of gaps, however someone on here as filled them with mesh which looks quite cool.

Or, just get a black one like mine then the rails don't notice so much (if you ignore the topbox mount)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Make sure though, that when putting the bags on, that the lugs on the bike actually locate into the recesses on the bottom corners of the bags. If not, the bags are an absolute swine to remove.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
IMO the rails and balls are ugly, and so easy to reinstall when needed, that there is no reason to mar the clean lines of the Sprint by leaving them on. :D

I will not even go into the 'beauty' of top box mounts. :eek:

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
IMO the rails and balls are ugly, and so easy to reinstall when needed, that there is no reason to mar the clean lines of the Sprint by leaving them on. :D

I will not even go into the 'beauty' of top box mounts. :eek:
This then OND is why you always refer top your Sprint as she?:D

FWIW I hate those top box mounting plates.

But I recognise, that for those, and they are many that like top boxes that you have to have them.:)

DaveM

·
Registered
35 Posts
Of all the sport touring motorcycles out there, the sprint looks the best (my opinion) when the bags are removed and nothing else done (i.e. taking off the rails and grab handle, etc.) The sprint can go from the s.t. look to sport bike look in about 30 min. What other sickle can do that, huh?

The two things that I would like to do are..

1. Find a nice way to fill in the seat recesses when you remove the grab rail in the rear, and

2. Clean up the under tail (the big truck mud flap on the back just doesn't do much for me.

Klotz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts