Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the anodized finish under the reflector be noticeably darker than the rest of the fork?

I should have popped these off when the bike was new but I procrastinated.

FYI - don't allow the reflectors attached to the rear fender to get loose as dirt and grit will get in between the fender and reflector and create scratches!

·
Registered
2012 Street Triple R 2016 Thruxton R
2,095 Posts
Will the anodized finish under the reflector be noticeably darker than the rest of the fork?

I should have popped these off when the bike was new but I procrastinated.

FYI - don't allow the reflectors attached to the rear fender to get loose as dirt and grit will get in between the fender and reflector and create scratches!
I removed the fork reflectors on my Uncle's '05 SpeedMaster about two years ago... And after I got the leftover sticky stuff off the fork, you would never be able to tell where the reflectors were originally. Hope that helps. Cheers. (Ps. A Storm is way too bad-asss to have fork reflectors... Go take them off... Now.)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I figured I could always throw some new reflectors on there if necessary. Gonna take those ugly mofos off this evening and sip a few cold adult beverages.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Really only one way to find out I suppose. Just bring along some Goo-Gone, WD40 or rubbing alcohol. I don't know where they get their adhesive from, but you could use it to fix a volcano!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surprisingly, the reflectors on the rear fender came off pretty easy. I think the dealer half-assed put them on.

But the reflectors on the forks are tight!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts