Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried and I failed... I worked on trying to rejet my carbs with them still on and ended up stripping two screws. And they are in the back so using vices are kinda hard. Then i went and tried to remove the carbs, but it surer looks easier then it is. I ended up giving up and put all back together. Any tips on how to get it off? I don't know if you are supposed to force them out of the boots and which side do most take off from (pull way from engine or air box)?
Thx Mondo

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is a lot of advice on doing this in video format at the britironrebels.com site. I ended up leaving my carbs on the bike to rejet but it requires a right angle screwdriver to get the screws out of the bottom of the carbs. I'm sorry you stripped yours.
DP

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
make sure all clamps are loose, remove connector on RH carb (for TPS) , remove wires for carb heaters, drain float bowls by the taps on the bottom, remove the 4 bolts that hold the air box in place (around the battery), then pop those puppies out to the left side, leaving the cables in place. you can tie wrap em to the frame to work on the screws to get the bowls off and to rejet. when you go to lift em out, take note of the vent hose and where it goes, but leave it and the fuel feed hose attached to the carbs
G

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx

Thx guys, the video helped... and i didn't even think to take those bolts off of the airbox. If i remove the airbox bolts, is it easier to get those darn screws for the side cover off as well... i want to take out the restrictor out as well, but had trouble with the bolts under the frame. I know, i truly need to get those manuals (Triumph and Haynes). But thx for your time.
Mondo

·
Registered
744 Posts
carb screws

I had two screws stuck when I rejetted, I used my dremmel moto tool to re slot the screw heads to get them off. drained the carbs first, and ran a cutoff disk slow to keep from heating. I put in allen headed screws so this will not happen again.
cliff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts