Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I have de-stickered my new Bonnie almost completely...the last eyesore I would like to remove is off the handlebar brake reservoir cover...please see pic below. To my thumbnail :) the sticker feels pretty thick and maybe a foil label...not sure...in any event pretty stout and before I remove it to see a mess underneath, I thought I would check in with the rat collective to get opinions. The cover is plastic I believe so if I scratch it..maybe a problem without repainting it which I don't feel like doing during the riding season. So the question is...can that sticker be removed without fouling the black plastic cover underneath?
Thanks,
George

·
Registered
985 Posts
Since I have de-stickered my new Bonnie almost completely...the last eyesore I would like to remove is off the handlebar brake reservoir cover...please see pic below. To my thumbnail :) the sticker feels pretty thick and maybe a foil label...not sure...in any event pretty stout and before I remove it to see a mess underneath, I thought I would check in with the rat collective to get opinions. The cover is plastic I believe so if I scratch it..maybe a problem without repainting it which I don't feel like doing during the riding season. So the question is...can that sticker be removed without fouling the black plastic cover underneath?
Thanks,
George
A popular replacement is the British flag replacement decal available from Fast Eddy...

http://www.fasteddysports.com/?page_id=3&category=15

To get the old one off/out, just use something sharp/pointed like a paring knife or the file on a set of nail clippers... I put a piece of tape on the raised edge to protect it and just pop the old metal one out...

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
+1 for SCbonneville. Mine came off easily once I had something sharp under the edge of the sticker. I too replaced it with Fast Eddie's Union Flag sticker. I thought it somewhat ironic I had to import it in to England from the US, but Eddie's service was good. If you leave it blank you will have an odd looking depression in the middle of the cap. The cap is metal, by the way. At least it is on my 05 T100.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I wasn't aware there was a depression in the middle of the cover as I thought I saw a cover with the sticker removed and didn't notice it.
Sounds as though removing the sticker and leaving the cover blank isn't a good solution.
Appreciate it...
George

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
Warm it up, pull it off, replace with Fast Eddy sticker. It's one of my favorite "mods".

·
Registered
615 Posts

apologies about the weather, but I changed mine for a chromed one from Brent in newbonneville.com

·
Registered
379 Posts
that british flag looks really cool! or go with the newbonneville or british customs cap....both very nice

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
It's made of glass filled Delron. (Plastic) Put it on a belt sander and be done with it.
It may be on the Scrambler, which has the separate "p*ss pot" reservoir, but it's definitely metal on my T100!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts